Things are going strong! The 30-Day Full Body Chair Challenge was awesome, but we have a new month ahead and it’s time for a fresh, pick up the pace, butt kicking challenge! Read on for details on what it is, how to get started and in short, why you want to take this challenge!
21-Minute SPRINT Interval 30-Day Challenge
As a part of the Clean & Colorful Solution, I added 4 Universal Diet Truths. The last of which, has nothing to do with diet.
- Eat more whole food.
- Eat all 5 colors.
- Drink a juice/smoothie.
- Exercise 21+ minutes per day.
There are a lot of reasons why I suggest 21-minutes of exercise every-single-day and you can learn all about it here and make sure you tune into the Teresa Marie Wellness Facebook page because come at you with quick tips and tricks to make the Clean & Colorful Solution a reality for you!
What is the 21-Minute SPRINT Interval 30-Day Challenge:
You’ve got to get your hands on the tracker* and it tells you exactly what to do each day but essentially we’re looking to do the Sprint Interval workout 3x per week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and it’s going to get harder each week. You’ll start with 1 minute of HARD effort and 6 minutes of EASY recovery effort and you do it three times. Over the course of 30 days, your work intervals get longer and your recovery intervals get shorter.
- Day 1: 21 minutes hard effort benchmark test
- Day 4 – 27 Transition from 1:6 work/recover to 6:1
- Day 30: 21 minutes hard effort final test
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday will be challenger choice days. You can do anything you want so long as it’s at least 21 minutes. I suggest Tuesdays and Sundays as steady state cardio days and/or strength training. Thursday and Saturday are good days for active recovery like gentle stretching, easy walking or yoga.
Do you have to be a runner to do the 21-Minute SPRINT Interval 30-Day Challenge?
Nope! That’s the beauty of cardio intervals! You can do them on a bike, in the pool, elliptical, stair climber or row machine. You can jump rope, jumping jack, bunny hop — whatever you want to do. It just needs to be hard.
How do I know if I’m working hard enough?
Simply stated…when you’re working hard for your Interval, you do not want to talk. Or if you do, it’s short words and your breath is labored. When you’re recovering, don’t stop moving. Keep going, just easy so your heart rate can slow down and you can work hard again. When you’re in recovery, you’re exercising at a pace where you can have a comfortable conversation.
21-Minute SPRINT Interval 30-Day Challenge Fine Print:
- At the beginning of the month you will record your basic measurements and again at the end of the month to measure your progress along with your 21-Minute sprint tests.
- Using your tracker, record the results of your workouts.
- As always, be sure to check with your doctor before starting any new exercise routine. This program is a general recommendation and only you and your doctor can decide if this is the right challenge for you.
Getting started on the 21-Minute SPRINT Interval 30-Day Challenge:
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on Facebook now and join the private coaching group for daily reminders and accountability.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here*. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Friday, September 1st!
Are you ready to see how strong and fast you can get this month with the 21-Minute SPRINT Interval 30-Day Challenge? I am!
*When you sign up for free access to the official tracker, you will also get my entire Clean & Colorful Jumpstart Guide and more tips and strategies to living a cleaner and more colorful lifestyle.