Back by popular demand! We’ll be doing the plank challenge as a group in January 2015 along with the Paleo Challenge! Get ready for a strong year and mark your calendar because your challenge starts Thursday, January first! RSVP and check in here and get ready for your best year yet!
30-Day Challenge Series has a new Twitter Account! Check us out and follow here!
The 30 Day Challenge Series is going strong and we have almost 12,000 members now! Woo hoo! Each day we get smarter and stronger as we focus as a group on developing healthier habits. Not lifestyle overhauls, just small changes, that over the course of 30 days, end up getting great results!
Why the 30-Day Plank Challenge?
Plank exercises are some of the overall best exercises you can do to strengthen your entire core. And keep in mind, your core includes a whole lot more than just your abs. It’s essentially your entire body less your arms, legs and head. For a very minimal time investment, you challenge all the major muscles, strengthening your body, improving balance and preventing future injuries. And not to mention, the plank is 100% excuse free, meaning no special gear, machines or equipment are required. All you need is a timer and you can drop anywhere and get your core work in!
Should you choose to accept the 30 Day Plank Challenge, this is what you will do:
Every day for 30 days you will hold a plank and a side plank and time yourself. The two planks are in divided into 4 tiers, or levels, ensuring your body is always challenged and you continue to grow through the entire month. As you get stronger, you graduate to the next level – how fun is that? Here’s what you’re looking at:
Regular Plank Tiers
- Level 1: Static Knee Forearm Plank
- Level 2: Static Forearm Plank
- Level 3: Static 1 Leg Forearm Plank
- Level 4: Dynamic Elbow to Wrist Plank
Side Plank Tiers
- Level 1: Static Knee Side Forearm Plank
- Level 2: Static Low Side Forearm Plank
- Level 3: Static 1 Leg Side Forearm Plank
- Level 4: Dynamic Side Forearm Plank with Hip Dip
The Fine Print:
- On day one, you start with the level that works best for you and hold for as long as you can maintain good form. That will be your benchmark time. I recommend starting at level one, but you know your body best.
- Everyday thereafter, you simply hold the plank longer. Aim for something like a 10 second improvement. When you reach 90 seconds, and your form is still perfect then it is time to advance to the next level of the challenge. Remember, all days might not be better, that’s ok and normal. Focus on the overall trend and celebrate every day you get stronger! Everybody will be different and it’s up to you to decide when to take rest days.
- Once you reach Level 4, you simply focus on moving through the dynamic moves for as long as you can and focus on the endurance of the exercise to continue to challenge your body and improve.
- Record your level and your times on your daily tracker so you can easily measure and review your strength improvement throughout the challenge.
- Stay tuned for more tips to maximize your results, reduce risk of injury and have fun!
So how do you get started on the 3o Day Plank Challenge?
- Like the 30 Day Challenge Series on FaceBook now.
- At this time, we do not have an event for this challenge, but you can always print your tracker, create a team and post on the main wall with your plan and updates!
- Enlist support and invite your friends. Will make it easier and way more fun!
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts now!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!