Health & Fitness Writers Wanted!
I am always looking for contributors to help make Eat. Drink & be Skinny even more awesome and help more people find better health and more happiness!
If you’re a baby blogger, big blogger, freelance writer, college student or just straight up nutrition nut with some awesome/credible insight you know the Eat. Drink & be Skinny community will love, then I’d love to hear from you and feature your work!
Content & Contributor Criteria:
- Eat. Drink & be Skinny is about providing light-hearted, credible, sustainable and actionable information to help its readers make smarter decisions in terms of their health and happiness.
- Contributor must have experience and expertise in a specific health, fitness, nutrition or other health related field.
- Posts are a variety of delicious, easy to make recipes, quick, do-anywhere workouts and general healthy guidance and insight. We also feature quite a bit of running information including race reviews and training tips.
- Posts should be about 300-500 words and contain original header graphic and at least two in post images to illustrate the content (3 total images).
- Content needs to be original. This does not mean we can’t repurpose a killer blog post you might already have, but let’s make sure the EDBS community gets a specific introduction and voice speaking directly to their needs.
- Contributor must maintain a personal blog or website in the health, wellness, fitness or related field and maintain at least 2 social accounts. Large followings are not as important as the quality and care that is put into your current work.
- To be an official contributor, you’ll need to provide at least one post, but not more than two per month in your designated category for a minimum of three months, ideally twelve. Post must be supplied at least two weeks prior to publishing date and are scheduled at least a month in advance.
Benefits of Contribution
- More eyes on your name and content! If you’re anything like me, you put a ton of work into your stories. Sharing it with the EDBS community will let it reach more people and have a larger impact!
- All posts are promoted on social properties including FaceBook, Pinterest and Twitter a minimum of one time, giving your article a potential reach of over 100K readers. Often the posts are boosted to reach an even larger audience.
- Featured bio on the contributors page with link to personal site.
- Your bio with blog link is also featured at the end of each of your contributor posts.
- Placement of Eat. Drink & be Skinny badge on personal site (optional).
Timeline & Application Deadline
New writers are added on a somewhat regular basis. New writers will be added early Fall of 2017. Please contact me at anytime and I’ll be in contact when there is an opening. Don’t worry if you don’t hear from me for a few months. At this point, we’ll start reaching out again in around August 2017. I look forward to hearing from you!
If interested, please contact me:
- Send an email directly to me at: email@example.com.
- Include your name, email address and blog name and URL.
- Let me know what your interested in writing about: fitness, running, travel, adventure, wellness, nutrition, etc.
- Please answer these questions:
- What can the EDBS Community gain from your expertise?
- Tell me a little bit about your writing and also your technical (nutrition/fitness) experience.
- What makes you want to write for the EDBS community?
- Can you commit to a minimum of three posts over three months with original copy and images?
I can’t wait to share your expertise with the community!
In health & happiness,