Today, I’m so excited to share with you my easy dinner recipe featuring Green Giant Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Rice! I love this recipe because:
- It’s perfect for those nights when you just don’t have time to cook, but want to eat something nutritious.
- It took me less than 15 minutes to prep and fully cook this meal.
- This easy dinner recipe was extremely tasty and healthy!
This is a sponsored post by Green Giant. All opinions are my own.
Why Cauliflower Rice Is Awesome
Cauliflower rice is one of my favorite ways to incorporate unprocessed and nutritious foods into my diet. Swapping standard white rice for cauliflower rice is the perfect way to get more veggies into your diet, decrease the amount of processed foods you’re eating, and lower the amount of carbs being consumed daily. This last part is especially important for those of you who want to lose a few pounds.
To give you a better idea:
- One cup of cooked white rice packs in about 44 grams of carbs per cup.
- Green Giant Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Rice has 11 grams of carbs per cup.
- Plain Cauliflower Rice has only 4 grams of carbs per cup.
Plus the carbs in cauliflower rice come from minimally processed veggies rather than highly processed grains. Now I call that an awesome ROI on calories. I love using cauliflower rice when I make power bowls, like the recipe below, when cooking stir fry, and especially when making curried chicken!
How Green Giant Can Make Your Easy Dinner Recipe Even Easier
While making cauliflower rice is one of my favorite ways to reduce the amount of processed foods in my diet, it’s not always the most convenient alternative for rice. Let’s just say that grating an entire head of cauliflower and then cooking it isn’t the most effective use of time when you’ve got less than 30 minutes to prepare, cook, and eat dinner.
That’s where Green Giant cauliflower riced products come in. You have your choice of veggie blends that don’t need to be prepared, the only ingredients are veggies, and they take literally five minutes in the microwave to cook. Plus these cauliflower rice products were super easy to find. I went straight to the frozen veggie section at my local grocery store, and low and behold, these glorious “grains” were staring down at me. Just look for Green Giant products and they should be right there.
My Easy Dinner Recipe
Now for the part you’ve been waiting for, my easy dinner recipe! The other day I needed a quick dinner that was easy to make, and didn’t require shopping. After taking a look through my cabinets I decided on a power bowl. Power bowls are awesome because you can literally throw anything you have into the mix and it’ll taste pretty darn good.
- Green Giant Riced Veggies – I used the sweet potato and cauliflower blend because the sweet potatoes add a heartiness to the dish
- Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Black beans
- Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt – imitates the flavor of sour cream with more protein
- Ground cumin, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt (feel free to add in other Mexican spices depending on your taste, these just happened to be the ones I had laying around)
- Avocado or olive oil
- Dice your onion
- Saute your onion in avocado or olive oil – I used avocado oil
- Add in the ground turkey, drained tomatoes and chilies, and spices – cook until done
- While the turkey is cooking put your riced veggies in the microwave and cook for 5-6 minutes
- After the rice is done let cool a bit and heat up your black beans
- Once everything is cooked layer together the cauliflower rice, black beans and cooked turkey
- Top with cottage cheese and salsa
You’ll find that this dish is not only tasty, but it’s satisfying and packed full of protein. This easy dinner recipe is also low in carbs (try not to eat an entire can of beans) and took literally 15 minutes to make!
Want to try Green Giant Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Rice for yourself?
- Check out Green Giant’s website
- Find a participating store near you
- Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube