Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a waistline friendly alternative side dish to potatoes or rice? Something that soaks up all the delicious juices from the sauces of your favorite dishes without any of the guilt?
Now you can with my favorite recipe: Cauliflower Rice or what I like to call Cauli Rice :).
It is a go to recipe of mine. I put salmon, filet mignon, marinated tofu, or garlic chicken right on top… and it delivers every time.
It gives you the satisfaction of a traditional grain but it is actually carb friendly and a veggie – so better on the waistline.
A few added benefits to the recipe:
- Simple To Make
- Minimal ingredients
Here’s how you dish it up.
- Prep time = 10 min
- Cook time = 10-12 min
- 1 large head or 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (or butter)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a cheese grater cut and grate florets into a large bowl. A food processor makes things easier if you have one. If not, the grater works just fine. It should look like a Cauliflower snow.
- Heat the coconut oil or butter in a large pan on medium heat.
- Put the grated cauliflower into the pan and leave for 5-7 minutes.
- Toss the pan and flip the cauliflower pieces over.
- Leave for another 5 minutes (until slightly golden).
- Dice the cilantro and toss it in with the cauliflower. Mix it up well. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve the “rice” and enjoy.
And there you have it — tasty, healthy Cauliflower Rice. Enjoy!
Want more ideas for the kitchen? Grab this FREE Meal Prep Guide with many more delicious and tasty recipes.
Julie is an internationally recognized fitness & nutrition coach, personal trainer, and the co-creator of Saltwater Fit - a fitness & lifestyle brand. She specializes in working with smart & successful professional women who want to create a fit & sustainable lifestyle that they love, even with their demanding careers. When she's not training her clients in person on the beach or coaching them via skype, you can find her in the ocean surfing. Julie is on a mission to help her clients discover their active passion - exercise that they truly enjoy - because it lays the foundation for a fit & healthy lifestyle that you can sustain forever. She'd love for you to drop her a line and say hello at firstname.lastname@example.org.