Now that we’re in October and it’s officially Fall, the pumpkin spiced latte has made its way back to Starbucks and probably you’re favorite coffee shop. We love this season and the flavors that come with it, but let’s be real. They’re not mashing pumpkin in the back of the coffee house, so our yummy lattes are being flavored with processed ingredients, even artificial sweeteners and it’s just not necessary. Today let me show you a way to make a delicious, Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Latte at home!
My goal is to teach 1 million people how to live a Clean & Colorful lifestyle. It is the one program that I feel anybody can do and everybody who does will in fact look better, feel better, naturally have more energy, reduce disease and probably even lose some weight. And it’s just 4 simple things to do every day. I call these the 4 Universal Diet Truths…
The Clean & Colorful Solution:
- Eat more whole food.
- Eat all 5 colors.
- Have a juice/smoothie.
- Exercise 21+ minutes.
Last week we talked about the first universal diet truth on eating whole foods and this week we are talking about the second diet truth: eating all 5 colors. Every Monday I’ll touch on one of those topics that will help you feel better and look better.
Did you know that Nutrition Action rated canned pumpkin as a super-food, so long as the only ingredient used is organic pumpkin? It’s listed just behind the dark leafy greens like kale, spinach, chard, collard and turnip greens!
Here’s Why I Love The Canned Pumpkin:
- It is natural and has no added sugar.
- It is super nutrient dense full of vitamins (Bs, A, C, K) and minerals (Potassium, Calcium and Iron).
- It is super cheap and easy to find (especially this time of year).
- I can use it in my coffee to make an all-natural pumpkin latte.
- I can use it as a swap in baking to save nearly 1000 calories.
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin has 50 calories and 3 grams of fiber.
- I use it to make my smoothies.
Ingredients For The DIY Pumpkin Spiced Latte:
- 8 oz Coffee – I use strong coffee or espresso if you have a machine.
- 4 oz Milk – I used sweetened coconut milk and it’s really delicious. If I use it then I won’t have to add honey. Another option is almond milk which has zero added sugar and about 35 calories for the whole cup. Just choose whatever works for you.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice – You could get cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves or just buy pumpkin pie spice which is all-in-one.
- 2 T Organic pumpkin puree for every 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground turmeric. I get mine from Farmers Market and I love it because it is anti-inflammatory.
*If you don’t want to use sweetened milk like I did you could add honey or vanilla stevia from Now Foods which has a really good flavor.
Directions: Use a protein shaker or regular whisk to mash up the pumpkin which will also help make it froth up a bit. Shake it all up, add to your coffee and enjoy it.
I came up with this recipe a few days ago and I really like it. I hope you try it and let me know what you think.
If you want more tips like this…
Then keep an eye on my Teresa Marie Wellness Facebook page because I’ll be coming at you every Monday! Next Monday I’ll talk you through the 3rd universal diet truth where I’ll be talking about juicing and smoothies. Make sure you signup for my free Clean & Colorful Jumpstart guide and get all the basic info you need to get started living this Clean & Colorful life today. I’m also hosing my first ever free LIVE training workshop today October 4th (TODAY!) to teach you how Clean & Colorful Snacking can help you fight cravings, boost energy and probably even lose some weight! Register here!