You know my goal in life right, to help you live a Clean & Colorful Lifestyle to help you feel better, look better, naturally have more energy, reduce disease and probably lose some weight, right? And to make that a reality, I’m coming at you every Monday from my Clean & Colorful kitchen with some real life tips, tricks, and strategies to help you master the 4 Universal Diet Truths:
- Eat more whole food.
- Eat all 5 colors.
- Drink a juice/smoothie.
- Exercise at least 21+
Every Monday I’ll touch on one of those topics, yesterday I talked about overcoming the #1 barrier to exercise and gave you 8 practical tips to do just that! Watch this video to get the highlights or read one!
Three Barriers to Exercise
In my 20 years of experience, I’ve learned that there are essentially 3 main reasons people don’t exercise regularly.
- Not enough time/too busy.
- Don’t know what to do.
- They don’t like it.
Can you relate any of those? Today we’re tackling #1 and we’ll cover the rest in future weeks.
Overcoming the #1 Barrier to Exercise: Not Enough Time
- No more excuses. That’s it! With only 21 minutes a day (which is really as simple as a 10 and 11 minute bouts). So the fact that you don’t have time is really not true. You can find 10+ minutes, I know it!
- Exercise first thing in the morning. For a few reasons, but mostly because nobody and nothing can steal that time from you. All you have to do is get up a bit early each day. It also helps you feel better all day long because of the endorphins and is in line with your natural cortisol rhythm, making it easier to sleep.
- Make it a game. Track it! Get a fit bit and measure steps. Or use the step counter in your iPhone. Print a paper calendar and cross days off as you go. Make it trackable and make it fun!
- Get a buddy. It’s way easier to hit the snooze button on yourself than your gal pal who you know is waiting for you. But make sure you pick a good one because if she flakes on you, it makes it even easier to flake on yourself.
- Multi-Task. While multi-tasking in business is so 1999, it’s actually very hip in terms of fitness. If you have a “guilty-pleasure” TV show, only let yourself watch it on the treadmill or elliptical machine. This is a win-win because you have built in a reward system and you’re getting your exercise!
- Make it a routine. Your goal is to build a habit, because once you do, your brain tells you to do it automatically and it’s so much easier. Whether it’s a walk at lunch, a morning floor routine, just do it every-single-day.
- Go on an inner-office email fast. If you’re sitting for 8-10 hours in a day, that’s consider the “new smoking.” Research shows that just getting up 5 min of every 30 minutes can impact the negative health impact of all that sitting. So get up and ask answer simple questions in the office.
- Use your body as a vehicle. You have legs that can move you forward, not just for the sake of exercise, but for the sake of simple utility. Try to skip one car trip per week and walk, skate or ride, using the power of your body.
That’s it! Can you use one or more of these tips to get in at least 21-minutes of exercise every-single-day? I hope so!
If you want more tips like this…
Then keep an eye on my Teresa Marie Wellness Facebook page because I’ll be coming at you every Monday! Next week I’ll be talking about how to unprocess your coffee creamer. Also make sure you signup for my free Clean & Colorful Jumpstart guide and get all the basic info you need to get started living this Clean & Colorful life today. Also check out my brand new 28-Day Clean & Colorful Challenge, it’s coming at you in October and it’s going to be amazing!