Are you ready to start using food not just a fuel but also as medicine?
Welcome to the fifth of several 28-Day Menu Plan Challenges! I do not believe that one diet is right for everybody, but I do believe that there is one right diet for everybody. See the difference there? Just because it’s good for you, does not mean it’s good for me and visa versa – but it could be life changing for either of us! And how will you know the right diet for you if you don’t try? For the past several months, I have released Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian and Vegan menu plans to allow you the chance to “try on” as many diet types as you need to until you find the one that fits you just right. It may take a while, but that it’s worth it when it clicks. It’s like digging through a warehouse of jeans and finding that perfect pair — you know what I mean — success!
If you’ve been feeling excessively groggy, fatigued, itchy or grumpy, generally “not so great,” there’s a good chance a change in diet might do you some good.
What exactly is a Holistic Menu Plan?
Holistic nutrition is the concept of eating food that is as close to its natural state as possible to support your body for optimal performance and well-being. At the core of Holistic eating is a focus on unrefined, unprocessed, organic and locally grown foods that promote health, while at the same time supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease. These menu plans provide ingredients, portions and recipes to ensure you consume a balanced, healthy diet using mostly unprocessed, unrefined and whole foods.
“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
The 28-Day Holistic Menu Plan Challenge in a nutshell
- 28 days of RD approved holistic menu plans so you know exactly what you CAN eat to improve your health.
- 28 days of healthy and balanced menu plans to avoid any nutritional deficiencies.
- Weekly shopping lists that making shopping quicker and complete.
- A weekly tracker that allows you to track and understand how your body is responding.
- You have a few calorie levels to pick from 1250, 1500 or 2000. 1750 is available upon request.
- The full 4 week challenge is reasonably priced at just $28.00! Or you can try just one week for 7.97.
What is included in a Holistic Menu?
- Lots of water and herbal tea
- Organic foods
- Whole grains
- Locally grown veggies
- Healthy fats and essential fatty acids
- Lean and organic proteins
- Minimally processed or raw ingredients
- Variety of nutrient rich foods
What is not included in a Holistic Menu?
- Refined sugar
- Artificial sweeteners
- Added salt
- Trans fats
- Microwavable foods
- Artificial flavors, colors, preservatives
- Genetically modified (GMO) foods
The beauty of the Holistic menu is that it’s not in any way restrictive, as long as it’s as close to original state as possible you can eat it. Meat, gluten, carbs, fruit, dairy – all of it. This makes it one of the more appealing menu plans to adopt for lifelong healthy eating for those of us who do not like to forge entire food groups for the long haul.
Holistic nutrition and chronic disease
Holistic nutrition can have a positive impact on many chronic lifestyle diseases. If you have or have a high risk of diabetes, obesity, arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, colitis, or gout you may see improvement or prevention of the condition by adopting a holistic diet. The revived energy you can gain from eliminating processed foods and food additives is something I can’t really explain in words, you just need to try it for a month and see for yourself.
Benefits of a Holistic Menu Plan
Benefits of following a holistic menu plan include not just the obvious increase in immunity function but by eliminating processed food and putting an emphasis on natural foods, it’s likely you’ll experience weight loss or have an easier managing your current weight. You should also see increased energy, a better mood, get more sleep, have consistent blood sugar levels and/or a decrease in your cholesterol and/or blood pressure levels. Woot!
Do you have to follow the menu plans 100%?
While putting an emphasis on consuming foods in their natural state will benefit your life in many ways, it can be an overwhelming or inconvenient feat depending on your current lifestyle. But keep in mind; this is not an all or nothing approach like the gluten free lifestyle where a little does you exactly that, little good. In the case of holistic nutrition, some is better than none – so start with small changes and go from there.
Take an inventory of your pantry, fridge and daily meal plan. What processed food is wreaking the most havoc on your health and body? Is it a highly processed protein bar as a snack? A soda in the afternoon? A microwaved diner after a busy day in the office? These menu plans can be a great tool to give you ideas; you don’t need to follow 100% to begin to feel the benefits of cleaner eating.
How the 28-Day Holistic Menu Challenge works
- You make a commitment to yourself that you’re going to try this. You’re going to use food as fuel and medicine and limit processed and refined foods for 4 full weeks and pay attention to how you feel, sleep, what your energy is like and so on.
- You join the 28-Day Holistic Menu challenge by purchasing the menu plan right for you. Most people will be ok with 1500 calories. If that sounds too light, go with 2000. If weight loss is on your mind, go with 1250 (this is your decision and you are 100% responsible for it).
- You will immediately receive an email with 4 weeks of menus, shopping lists, a quick tip sheet and a printable journal to track how you’re feeling throughout the challenge.
- You follow your menu making swaps when necessary, but do your best to avoid processed and refined foods and put an emphasis on locally grown and organic products for the entire 28 days.
- It’s ok to eat out, just follow the rules of your menu plan and try to find restaurants that feature locally grown, farm to table and organic ingredients when you are out of your kitchen. You’ll find you can still enjoy dinner at many of your favorite restaurants!
What happens after the 28-Day Holistic Menu Challenge is over?
This is the BEST part!! You know if you feel better when you follow the principles of holistic nutrition! You now know if it’s worth the trouble to do so from here on out. You’re also an expert now on how to shop, prepare and eat holistic meals because you just did it for 28 straight days. You made it through the tough stuff and you’ve already put in some serious work towards building healthier habits!
Let me call out my disclaimer here, as it applies most certainly to this post and these menu plans in addition to everything I share on this blog.
Are you ready to try on the Holistic lifestyle and see how great you feel? Let’s do this!
Subscribe to Blog via Email