**This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own, and I would never suggest a product I didn’t like!
It’s officially summer, yay! This means spend as much time outside as possible before the cold comes back (well, for those of you in the cooler climates that is). So why not exercise outdoors?
It feels like such a shame to spend time on the treadmill and Smith Machine when we can easily take our workout outside.
So you want to exercise outdoors??
Exercising outdoors is actually pretty easy to do. There is a huge variety of equipment out there that will allow you to take your workout outdoors without jeopardizing the effectiveness of your workout.
In some cases, you need nothing but yourself and a good view! Keep reading for three ways to take your exercise outdoors.
Bodyweight exercises are the easiest way to take your exercise outdoors. At the most, you need a towel or mat to workout on, and even that is personal preference. When done properly bodyweight exercises can be just as effective as working out with weights.
A few things to consider when planning your bodyweight workout:
- First decide if you want to do an upper body, lower body, or full body workout. This will determine which exercises you’re doing.
- Always work opposing muscle groups. For example, if you’re working your biceps make sure to work your triceps too.
- Proper form and going slow will make bodyweight workouts more effective. If you’re pumping through your reps without considering proper form or speed there’s a greater chance for injury. By flying through your reps you’re also increasing momentum which makes the workout easier.
- Have fun and enjoy the fact that you’re burning a few calories while enjoying nature!
Need ideas for your bodyweight workout? Check out this workout by Nerd Fitness.
Resistance bands are amazing for exercising outdoors. By bringing along some resistance bands you’re able to take your cable machine and free weights with you without needing a moving truck and two burly men.
Most resistance band sets come with a variety of resistance levels and accessories so that you can easily switch between muscle groups and add variety to your workout. Grab a set like these resistance bands to maximize your versatility. This set comes with five levels of resistance, handles, an ankle strap, door anchor, carrying bag and exercises.
For an awesome resistance band workout, check out this full body workout by Men’s Fitness.
If you’re looking to take your ab exercises outdoors then an ab roller is perfect for you! Not only is an ab roller an awesome and portable tool for strengthening your core, but it also works your lats, triceps, hips and shoulders. Basically it’s a great way to strengthen a variety of muscle groups while focusing on your core.
If you’ve never tried an ab roller or would like more info, here’s an awesome article by Livestrong about how to use an ab roller and its benefits. If you’re interested in purchasing an ab roller, something simple like this would work well. No need to drop tons on money on this guy!
Look & feel great with the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox
Are all of the summer BBQ’s, apps and drinks on a patio somewhere and ice cream throwing off your healthy eating habits? Do you feel bloated, a tad bit out of control when it comes to your food choices, and like everything is fitting a bit tighter?
If so, don’t get down on yourself! These things happen especially when there are so many delicious items to eat and drink. When this happens, make sure to give the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox a try to get back on track!
What you can expect from the 3-Day Detox:
- To lose between 3-5 pounds by the end of the detox.
- To rid your system of processed food and junk.
- To feel great and have more energy!
- To reset from junky eating and get back on track with eating the way your body was meant to eat for optimal performance.
- Get recipes for my most popular shakes, juices and soups.
- You won’t feel hungry or get bored with this detox!
Subscribe to Blog via EmailTeresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHPTeresa Marie is a nutrition expert, fitness enthusiast and health coach. She is backed with a BS in Nutrition, an MBA, a CPT from ACE and 16+ years of experience in the weight loss and wellness space. She is the founder and lead contributor of this site and coaches clients across the globe on how to achieve better health and more happiness by implementing the 4 Universal Diet Truths of her Clean & Colorful Concept.