It’s the exercises you hate the most that you need the most.
First off, what the heck is a Burpee?
It’s is a full body exercise used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise. It requires no equipment and is an efficient functional movement, as it works every part of your body. There are several variations, but for the purpose of this challenge, and the ensure everybody gets the challenge right for their level of fitness, we’ll focus on:
Level 1 – Beginner Burpee: Standing to plank position return to standing.
Level 2 – Basic Burpee: Standing to plank position return to standing with a jump.
Watch this quick video from Stacy’s Fitness for Demonstrations!
Why would I ever want to do a 30 Day Burpee Challenge?
What is involved in the 30 Day Burpee Challenge?
Because burpees are an intense exercise and can be hard on your knees and back, this challenge is designed to progressively increase the number of burpees do each day over the course of 30 days. You’ll have days where you back down in the number as well as complete rest days to give your body a little recovery, preventing injury and increasing your chances of successful completion of the challenge with the best results. You’ll have the option to take a day 31 bonus challenge to complete the final 60 burpees and earn your 1000 Burpee Badge and brag for as long as you want because you flipping did 1000 burpees! Crazy, right?
The challenge consists of 5 rounds that look like this:
- Round 1: Days 1-6, progress from 10-30 burpees, 100 total
- Round 2: Days 7-12, progress from 25-35 burpees, 135 total
- Round 3: Days 13-18, progress from 35-45 burpees, 185 total
- Round 4: Days 19-24, progress from 45-55 burpees, 235 total
- Round 5: Days 25-30, progress from 55-65 burpees, 285 total
- Day 31 BONUS: 60 Burpees to earn your 1000 Burpee Badge for the Challenge!
Click here to register to get the full calendar and tracker!
Do you have to do all the burpees in a row?
No! Not unless you feel really good and you really want to. When you start to get over 15 or 20, trust me, it’s tough! Don’t compromise form and risk injury because you’re pushing too hard. It’s way more effective to do 6 sets of 10 killer/perfect burpees than to struggle through as many as you can when you’re hurting.
The fine print for the 30 Day Burpee Challenge:
- You decide how many burpees to do at a time and what level burpee you’re up for. You do not need to do all of them in a row. But you should do your best to follow the schedule by getting them in throughout the day, or with mini periods of rest in-between. We all come into these challenges with different levels of fitness and the only thing we have in common, is that we are all stronger when we finish!
- Be sure to use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Break up the reps into sets of 5, 10, 15 — whatever makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- Burpees will strengthen and tone the major muscles of your body as well as boost your cardio endurance. You will want to add it onto your current fitness plans and aim to get a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio per day, at least 3 times per week to maximize results of this challenge.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities and record the number of reps per set and/or how long it takes you to complete the work so you can measure improvement over time.
- Don’t ignore rest days and try not to push more on recovery (back down) days. They are strategically placed.
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
So how do you get started on the 30 Day Burpee Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Find the 30 Day Ultimate Burpee Challenge under Events and click “going” then invite your friends to make it more fun.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Wednesday, October 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Subscribe to Blog via Email