It’s a new month and time for a a new challenge! With the holidays straight ahead, it’s a good time to make a transition to a menu related challenge. You don’t have to be perfect and you can choose the level and how strict you’d like to be. For those of you who love the fitness challenges, worry not! We are revisiting the 30 Day Core Challenge — because it is my favorite. Both events will be on FaceBook and you can do one or both. Also to support you this holiday season — a NEW WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE! It starts Wednesday, October 29th and ends the week of Thanksgiving. Register now and join us for tips, tricks, treats and advice to navigate the holidays with successes this year (plus you get a chance to win some cash!) Now, let’s get on with the details of the new challenge…
The 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge!
If you’re feeling puffed up and slowed down, chances are your eating habits may need a tune up. By taking the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge, you can clean up your diet, perk up your lifestyle, increase your energy, shed some pounds and essentially, show your inner glow.
What is Clean Eating?
At the core of clean eating is a commitment to eating food in its most natural state. If your ancestors wouldn’t recognize it as food, then it’s off the table when you’re “eating clean.” If it comes in a box, baggie or frozen, it’s probably not going to pass the “clean eating” test. The most important thing to keep in mind, is that the concept of eating clean is not a diet at all, it’s simply a way of life. When you make a decision to eliminate processed and refined products for a significant amount of time, it’s pretty hard to go back.
What can you eat on the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge?
The best part about Clean Eating is that you can eat as much food as you want. It just has to be whole, natural, real food. This is not a calorically restricted way of eating, which keeps it simpler and truly more satisfying. This is also why eating clean can easily become a lifestyle, not just a 30 Day Challenge.
What foods or food groups must be avoided when eating clean?
Well, this is a debatable topic, some Clean Eating programs will have you eliminate a lot of food groups and have you pretty much eating lean meats and veggies. This is just about your standard Paleo Diet. And while there are most certainly advantages to the cleanest of eating, it can be a bit too restrictive for some lifestyles. So the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge from the 30-Day Challenge Series has assigned three levels to Clean Eating and the choice is yours to make. Level one is the least restrictive by suggesting you eliminate only processed foods, refined grains, added sugar, and hydrogenated oils. Level two eliminates dairy and level three eliminates gluten, caffeine and alcohol as well.
The fine print for the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge:
- You decide what level of the challenge is right for you based on your lifestyle. We all come into these challenges with different starting grounds and the only thing we have in common, is that we are all stronger and healthier when we finish!
- This challenge will require you to get comfortable in your kitchen, as fast food is off limits. You can still eat out, but aim for farm-to-table restaurants that use local, fresh ingredients and order according to the level of challenge you have selected.
- Because this is not a calorically restricted challenge, you should be able to exercise as normal. If you’ve selected level three and are eliminating all grains, your diet will naturally be lower in carbohydrates. Be sure to have starchy vegetables or fruits before your workouts so that you’ll have energy to power your exercise.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight, basic measurements and energy level. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Some days will be harder than others, especially towards the beginning of the challenge. Try to push through cravings, but not hunger. When you are hungry, you should eat more “clean food.
- And as with any and all 30-Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new diet or exercise regimen.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the challenge and making note of your compliance, cravings, energy and exercise. Throughout the challenge you’ll begin to see patterns as all these areas are related. As you record, consider this:
- Compliance: How well did you follow the rules of your level of challenge? Rate this on a scale of 1-10. Consider a one being you didn’t even try and 10 means you were perfect.
- Cravings: Make a note of what you were craving and how bad. If there were no notable cravings, note that as none.
- Energy Levels: Rate this on a scale of 1-10. Consider one to be it was nearly impossible to get out of bed and a series of naps was required and 10 means you could hardly sit still, you’re overwhelmed with energy and enthusiasm.
- Exercise: Make a note of your exercise for the day.
So how do you get started on the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Find the event and click “going.” Invite your friends and check in daily to share your successes, your challenges and exchange recipe ideas.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- If you’d like more ideas for menu planning, check out the my RD Approved Menu Plans for Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Holistic. Each plan has 28 days of ideas for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinners and comes with a complete shopping list and a few recipe ideas.
- Join the weight loss challenge that starts Wednesday, October 29th for a chance to lose 4% of your weight and win some cash this holiday season!
Subscribe to Blog via Email