It’s back! My all-time favorite 30 Day Challenge of them all…the 30 Day Core Challenge!
We’ve done it twice before, and we’re going to to it again in August. Why? Because it WORKS!
Why Take the 30 Day Core Challenge?
A healthy life starts with a strong body! The best way to get it is a great topic of debate, but a good place to start is by implementing core exercises to strengthen the center of your body — benefiting…well, everything! The 30 Day Core Challenge is a great way to work not just the traditional abs muscles, but your entire torso. This gives you a strong foundation for fitness and will help prevent injury.
A lot of people hear the term “core” and automatically think “abs.” And yes, they are famous! Who hasn’t seen, dreamed of or if they have them, flaunted their rock hard abs? We all fall somewhere along this spectrum from flabby to firm and a we all know without a shadow of a doubt exactly where we land. Love ‘em or hate ‘em, we all have ‘em! But there is much more to a strong core than the aesthetics of a cut up waist line. A strong core really represents all the muscles on your trunk, everything but your arms, legs, neck and head. You can read more here on why a strong core is important.
What exactly does the 30 Day Core Challenge involve?
Not Familiar with all the Core Challenge Exercises?
Watch this 90 second video featuring your’s truly as the very fancy fitness model!
The Fine Print for the 30 Day Core Challenge:
- For bicycle crunches and knee to elbow planks — you do 20 on each side.
- The schedule is just a baseline – if you are stronger, do more, but be sure to progress each week.
- You must use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Break up the reps into sets of 5, 10, 15 — whatever makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- These exercises will strengthen and tone the major muscles of your core. You will still want to incorporate cardio vascular exercise a minimum of 30 minutes per day, 3 times per week to maximize results of this challenge.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities. Always record your plank time because the suggested time is just a minimum. Some days you may feel super strong — push yourself on those days.
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
So how do you get started on the 30 Day Core Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Find the 30 Day Core Challenge under Events and click “going” then invite your friends to make it more fun.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then you know where to find all the trackers. And as a reminder, your monthly newsletter will arrive on Wednesday, July 29th as a reminder. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Saturday August 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Subscribe to Blog via Email