Fall Back on Track with the 30 Day Full Body Fitness Challenge!
September is a great month to get back in a routine and on track with your fitness and health goals! This simple (but not easy) 30 Day Challenge will work every major muscle group in your body and help you create the habit of incorporating fitness into your daily routine. This month I also collaborated with the ago Prevent Cancer Foundation to help their members train for the 7th Annual 5K Walk/Run at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C. which will be held on October 4th 2015. In addition to this challenge you also have the 30-Day 5K Training Challenge. And if weight loss is a goal of yours, well then I’ve got great news because a new Weight Loss Challenge is also starting next week (9/9 – just after Labor Day) and you can register now!
Pick one or all three, the choice is yours! But there is certainly no shortage of ways to get your fitness back this month!
What exactly does the 30 Day Full Body Fitness Challenge involve?
Not Familiar with all the 30-Day Full Body Fitness Challenge Exercises?
Watch this 90 second video featuring sweet tunes and my fav trainer and gal pal Trish from Fit with Trish as the very fancy fitness model! She’s just going to show you the basics of the squat, push-ups and crunches.
Sound too easy?
Well try it first, then decide. These simple moves are excuse and barrier free, but not to be mistaken for easy. And rest assure, we’ll keep things interesting all month long by introducing even more variations as we go. But for now, start with the basic moves in the video and get ready to slim down for summer!
The Fine Print for the 30-Day Full Body Fitness Challenge:
- Pushups, Squats and Crunches are the most basic of exercises with oh-so many fun ways to mix them up! We will talk about it all month long, some are listed above, but share as you go.
- You do not have to do all 100 of each move at the same time. You should break them into 10×10, 5×20, 2×50 and so on. As you get stronger each week, you can increase the reps per set and decrease the total sets. Who know, but month end you might be doing 1×100!
- Be sure to use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Break up the reps into sets of 5, 10, 15 — whatever makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- These exercises will strengthen and tone the major muscles of your upper body, lower body and your abs. You will still want to incorporate cardio vascular exercise a minimum of 30 minutes per day, 3 times per week to maximize results of this challenge.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities and record the number of reps per set so you can measure improvement over time.
- Sunday: Rest (no work). Repeat (pick your favorite day). Test (do them all for time!).
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
So how do you get started on the 30-Day Full Body Fitness Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Find the 30-Day Full Body Fitness Challenge under Events and click “going” then invite your friends to make it more fun.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. The website is still TBD so be sure to check your inbox! If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Tuesday, April 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Subscribe to Blog via Email