Welcome Juicing Enthusiasts!
We originally ran this challenge as a group in the Fall of 2013 with the 30 Day Challenge Series. It’s possible we may run it as a group again in the future, but in the meantime don’t let that stop you from taking the challenge! Read the post, ignore the dates, print the tracker, and get juicing!
Yahoo!! Welcome to the Challenge Series first ever diet focused challenge! And by diet, we’re not talking restriction or discomfort. We’re just talking about using food as fuel for better health. The whole purpose of the 30 Day Challenge Series is to try on different healthy habits and see if they fit. We’ve been on quite a roll since May and have may many strides (quite literally!) by way of fitness.
Anybody who is into health and wellness knows that fitness is less than half the battle and that “Abs are really made in the kitchen” so to speak. You can’t exercise yourself out of a bad diet. So moving forward, we will host a Fitness Challenge and Diet Challenge. So get excited about being a part of the FIRST Diet Challenge from the 30 Day Challenge Series!
So What’s the 30 Day Juicing Challenge?
Juicing? You’ve heard of it. You may have even tried it. No, this is not a gunky, slushy, green juice challenge that will leave you undernourished and grouchy. Remember, we are just looking to try on new habits here, so how about just swapping out one meal or snack a day for a fresh juice? And not a glass of sugar water with a little added color you find on the shelf stable aisles of the grocery store. We’re talking fresh vegetable juice! The greener the better.
Why is Juicing a Healthy Habit?
For many reason’s, but here’s Teresa’s cliff notes: For your body to function at at its best, it needs to be optimized on a cellular level. This mean nutrients get inside the cells easily and toxins can get out. This works best when the body’s pH is slightly alkaline. Your diet has a huge impact on your body’s pH, either good or bad. Certain foods (like animal products, coffee, sugar and booze) are acid forming in your body, which your body has to then neutralize. Other foods (fresh fruits and vegetables) are alkalizing, giving your body a rest. Since basic daily metabolism is also an acid forming process, you may as well do your body a favor when it comes to helping neutralize to tough stuff and get it right in your diet from the get go. Fresh, raw juice out of a juicer is one of natures gifts of oxygen, helping to alkalize your body and giving cells a breath of fresh air! Not to mention it’s a potent source of vitamins, minerals and almighty phytochemicals helping strengthen you from the inside out.
How Do You Get Started on the 30 Day Juicing Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Click on Events, find the 30 Day Juicing Event and click “Going.”
- Enlist support and invite your friends. Will make it easier and way more fun!
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then you should receive the email within 24 hours.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts SUNDAY 9/1/13!
- Stay tuned for more posts on recipes, tips and other useful information. But here is a good detox recipe to get you started. It’s from my friend Drew, link over to his page for a LOT more info on juicing!
What If You Don’t Have a Juicer?
- Maybe it’s time to get one? Check out this quick post I wrote way back when on getting started on juicing.
- Find a local juice bar. They are popping up everywhere! Go green. A lot of places let you order and direct ship as well. You can store most of them for a few days in the fridge.
- Use a blender! Spinach and Kale work great in the blender.
- Try to avoid most of the “fresh” juices in the grocery store. While they are not that bad, most of them are loaded with fruit purees and are a very dense source of sugar. Look for something with no added sugar and under 120 calories.
We Can Do THIS!
Subscribe to Blog via Email