Can you believe it? After nearly 50 Challenges that Eat. Drink & be Skinny has hosted over the past 4 years, we’ve never done a simple 30-Day Squat Challenge. Ha! Better late than never and this one is going to transform your rear end — just in time for Summer! Ready? Let’s go!
What is the 30-Day Simple Squat Challenge?
So I call this “simple” because, well it is. All we’re doing is a certain amount of squats per day for the next 30 days. We start with 50, do a few more each day, toss in a few rest days and viola, by month end, you’re cranking out 200 squats. But please don’t mistake simple for easy – ha! It will be hard and it will be worth it. When you look in the mirror on May 1st, you’re going to be like “dang, that worked!”
How do you do the 30-Day Simple Squat Challenge?
With the 30-Day Challenge Series, we always like to measure progress. So you’ll start on day 1 with a “Test” and that is simply as many squats as you can do in 60 seconds. Then we follow a 4 week progressive squat schedule, ranging from 50 to 200 total squats. Wow! Then we wrap up day 30 with a final “Re-Test” to see how many more squats you can do, and just how much stronger you are! It’s going to look a little something like this…
Getting started on the 30-Day Simple Squat Challenge:
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now and join the private coaching group for daily reminders and accountability.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here*. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Read the rest of this post for the details on how the challenge works, why it’s awesome and some form and safety tips.
- Invite a friend (or 10), accountability is key! Plus, you can feel good about inspiring someone else to get fit!
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Saturday, April 1st!
*When you sign up for free access to the official tracker, you will also get my entire Clean & Colorful Jumpstart Guide and regular tips and strategies to living a cleaner and more colorful lifestyle. *Note: If you are currently subscribed to my newsletter and you get my weekly Clean & Colorful Conversation newsletters, you DO NOT need to register again for the tracker. It will be sent in the monthly newsletter on Thursday the 27th.
The Fine Print 30-Day Simple Squat Challenge:
- You don’t have to do all the squats in a row, you just need to do the in 24 hours.
- You can use weights if you’d like, but they are not required. Be sure to record the weights you used on your tracker.
- Always use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. I’ll pop in throughout the challenge with tips and tricks, but here are some basics to get you started correctly.
- Be smart and mindful of your current level of fitness and follow the schedule in order to the best of your ability. You must respect the balance between pushing yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself.
- Use your tracker to record your test results and daily progress and how the sessions went. Some days you may feel strong, push yourself on those days. Other days you may not, don’t beat yourself up over it.
- Depending on your current level of fitness, this can be a hard challenge. Be smart, listen to your body and take a rest day when needed. As long as you’re progressively increasing your intensity with good form, you’ll get stronger and leaner.
- Always speak with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
Are you in? What are you goals? Get ready to CRUSH them!
Subscribe to Blog via Email