Get ready for a new month and a brand new challenge with the 30 Day Challenge Series! It’s summer time — tank tops are officially in season and vacations are at an all time high! If weight loss is on your mind, this Challenge falls in line Eat. Drink & be Skinny Summer III Weight Loss Challenge with Diet Bet! It starts August 6th! Interested? Join us there too and register now! It is the most fun you will have losing weight!
Why Take the 30 Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge?
Because there is nothing inherently fun about the push-up, but that does not stop it from being one of the most effective exercises for your entire body! And it’s not just about arms and chest, as you can read here about the many benefits of push-ups. This challenge takes it a step farther by allowing targeted push-ups to tighten the backs of your arms as well as your shoulders. This combination gives you the best the push-up has to offer and keeps you from getting bored, which makes it all a whole lot more fun! And you can’t forget to leverage your community! The best part of the 30-Day Challenge Series is the camaraderie and support to help hold you accountable to your goals.
What exactly does the 30 Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge involve?
Not Familiar with all the 30-Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge Exercises?
Watch this 80 second video featuring sweet tunes and fancy Stacy from Stacy’s Fitness demonstrating the very basics of the exercises. Then for specific instruction on how to do each exactly correct, be sure to subscribe to Stacy’s YouTube Channel and she will post and share video tutorials for each individual move.
Meet Stacy – Co-Creator of the 30 Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge
After designing these challenges for about a year, it was time to pull in a partner. Stacy, from Stacy’s Fitness was the perfect fit! She has owned and operated her own personal training studio here in San Diego for over a decade, she is a fitness competitor and model and truly, quite a talented personal trainer. Together we created the June Lower Body Challenge, July Crunch Challenge and now here is our third go together! We picked out these three moves to target different areas of your upper body.
The Fine Print for the 30 Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge:
- The reps are a general guideline, but you should start with a number that challenges you and increase from there. We all come into these challenges with different levels of fitness and the only thing we have in common, is that we are all stronger when we finish!
- You do not have to do all reps at the same time. You should break them up throughout the day. As you get stronger each week, you can increase the reps per set and decrease the total sets.
- Be sure to use proper push-up form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Break up the reps into sets of 5, 10, 15 — whatever makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- If you have any questions about the mechanics of these moves, visit Stacy’s Fitness Channel for longer tutorials on each of the exercises.
- These exercises will strengthen and tone the major muscles of your upper body. You will still want to incorporate cardio vascular exercise a minimum of 30 minutes per day, 3 times per week to maximize results of this challenge.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities and record the number of reps per set so you can measure improvement over time.
- Sunday is Challengers Choice: Rest if you need it, Repeat your favorite or TEST your fitness by doing all three exercises for time!
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
So how do you get started on the 30 Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge?
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Find the 30 Day Ultimate Push-Up Challenge under Events and click “going” then invite your friends to make it more fun.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Visit Stacy’s Fitness Channel on YouTube for detailed instructions on each one of these Push-Up exercises.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Friday, August 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Subscribe to Blog via Email