This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pure Protein. All opinions are my own.
Summer is right around the corner which means looking good in those bikinis and Daisy Dukes. We all know that looking and feeling our best comes down to a combo of exercise and smart eating, but did you know that your diet makes up about 80% of that equation?
Since eating correctly is so important when it comes to looking and feeling great, we have to be aware of what we’re eating on a regular basis – especially those snacks. Before you know it, a bit here and there can add up to a calorie busting snack that will throw you off track.
So it’s extra important to being fueling our days with snacks that are not only satisfying but nutritious too! Below are four great snack options that will satisfy our cravings.
For great flavor
Protein bars are the perfect snack for busy people on the go! Take Pure Protein Bars for example. They come in a ton of delicious flavors like Chocolate Peanut Caramel and Chocolate Deluxe. I love them because they take care of that “must have something sweet” craving without the guilt.
These bars come packed with 20 grams of protein that will help keep you satisfied and fueled no matter what’s on your schedule. They’re not only great pre- and post-workout, but any time of day. I can’t tell you how many times protein bars have kept me from eating something I probably shouldn’t be eating, so they are a must have in my purse.
Chia seed pudding
Hey there pudding lovers! If you haven’t tried chia seed pudding as a substitute for not so healthy pudding now’s your chance. Chia seed pudding is high in antioxidants, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and minerals. Plus it’s really easy to make and delicious! You can even add in a scoop of protein powder for a protein packed snack on the go.
Give this recipe a try next time you’re in the mood for something sweet!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2-1 scoop vanilla Pure Protein protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together almond milk and Pure Protein protein powder until the powder is dissolved
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until mixed well
- Pour into 2-4 mason jars and let set in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until completely set
- Enjoy as is or top with your favorite fruit!
For the salt lover
Veggies & Hummus
Veggies and hummus are the perfect healthy snack when you want that crunch without the calorie bomb. By switching your chips and dip for veggies and hummus you’re consuming more fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals and so much more!
To make things better, try making your own hummus. This sweet potato hummus recipe is to die for and is guaranteed to hit the spot when you’re craving that savory crunch of chips and dip…without blowing your calories for the day.
Don’t get too excited here, I’m not talking about movie theater popcorn which can set you back on those fitness goals after downing a bag with extra butter. I’m talking about homemade popcorn.
Have you ever made homemade popcorn before? If not it’s super fun! Plus you don’t need any special equipment. All you need to make your very own popcorn is a sauce pan with a lid, and a large bowl to dump your popcorn in when it’s done.
- popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp butter, olive oil, or coconut oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil to melt on your popcorn (optional)
- salt, garlic salt, cinnamon, or whatever seasoning you like (my favorite is sea salt and garlic powder mixed)
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add your butter, coconut oil, or olive oil
- Add popcorn kernels to the pan and cover with the lid
- Listen for the kernels to start popping, shake the pan here and there to keep the kernels from sticking
- Remove pan from heat when kernels are done popping
- Melt butter or coconut oil, drizzle over popcorn (optional)
- Add toppings
Subscribe to Blog via Email
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pure Protein. The opinions and text are all mine.