Get ready for the Spooktacular BOOty BOOt camp 30-Day Challenge in October!
We have been killing it with lunges and squats with a series of different 30-Day Challenges since June. They are such efficient exercises and oh so simple, I love them for challenges. Not to mention the lovely burn they create and results they chisel.
But as a runner, I’ve recently learned that I have pretty pathetic glute strength and have been lacking a lot of side-to-side lateral movement. Since I need to strengthen and shape up my butt, I thought we all might want to do it together. So I teamed up with Coach Vera in San Diego and we created the Spooktacular BOOty BOOt camp Challenge for October!
Order your new butt today, it will be here in 30 days!
You don’t have to be a runner to benefit from this challenge. This one is for a-n-y-b-o-d-y that wants a stronger, firmer, potentially better looking rear end! Ready? Let’s do this!
What exactly does the 30 Day BOOty BOOt camp Challenge involve?
It’s designed to build a stronger rear end, so you’ll be working with 5 of the best butt moves out there. You’ll start with 3 sets of 10 and over the 30-days, increase to 3 sets of 20. This is a heftier workout than your standard 30-Day Challenge from me, so you only have to do it 3 times per week.
- Lateral (side) Lunge
- Sumo Squat
- Glute Bridge (press)
- Curtsey Lunge
Your current fitness level does not matter as much as your effort and commitment to get stronger! Each move has a level one (L1) and two (L2) and you can take as much time as you need to get the work in. You’ll do these exercises 3 times per week (Mon, Wed, Sat), rest on Friday and the other days are Challenger’s Choice where you can do cardio, focus on upper body, stretch, yoga, run, etc. whatever your body is craving.
How to do the BOOty BOOt Camp moves:
1. Lateral Lunges:
- Start with your feet hip distance apart, toes pointing straight forward (hold dumbbells for L2)
- Take a wide step to the left, keeping your knees tracking over your toes; concentrate on keeping your chest lifted and your weight back in your heels.
- Push off of your right foot in an explosive movement as you bring your feet back together.
- Repeat for 10 lunges to the left (week 1), then switch to 10 on the right.
2. Sumo Squats:
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart, and your toes facing out at a 45 degree angle (hold a kettle bell for L2).
- Keeping your chest up and your back straight, drop your butt down into a deep squat.
- Squeeze into your glutes as you stand, finishing the squat standing straight up with your glutes squeezed.
3. Hip Press/Glute Bridge:
- Begin with your back on the floor, with both knees bent and your feet flat on the floor (or with your feet on a medicine ball for L2).
- Pressing through your feet, lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement
- Lower you hips with control to the floor, and then repeat the hip press.
4. Curtsey Lunge:
- Start with your feel hip width apart, with your hands at heart center (or holding a weight right under your chin for L2).
- Take your right foot behind your left leg, aiming to place your right knee on the floor directly next to the outside of your left ankle.
- Tap your right knee on the floor as you lunge down; remember to keep your chest lifted and your weight back in the heel of your left foot on the floor.
- Return to a standing position with your feet hip distance apart; repeat for 10 reps on each leg, one leg at a time
5. L1 Deadlift:
- Begin with your feet hip width apart, with a relaxed bend in your knees.
- Keeping your back flat, hinge forward from your hips and press back through the backs of your legs.
- Hinge forward until your chest is parallel with the floor, then squeeze your glutes as you return to a fully upright standing position; squeeze your glutes at the top.
5. L2 Deadlift:
- Balancing on your right leg, hinge forward from your hips and reach your left hand towards your big toe, keeping your back flat and a slight bend in your right knee (do not lock out the knee of the leg you are balancing on)
- Float your left leg as high as you can behind you as you are hinging forward
- Once you feel your hamstring begin to resist any further movement downward, use your glutes to return to standing
Here is Coach Vera with a quick tutorial so you can see exactly what we’re talking about here:
The Fine Print for the 30-Day BOOty BOOtcamp Challenge:
- Be sure to use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Break up the reps into sets of 5 if starting at 10 is not feasible. You need to do whatever makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- These exercises will strengthen and tone the major muscles of your booty. You will still want to incorporate cardio vascular exercise a minimum of 30 minutes per day, 3 times per week and rotate in some core and uppper body work to maximize results of this challenge.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities and record the number of reps per set so you can measure improvement over time.
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
Getting Started on the BOOty BOOt Camp 30-Day Challenge:
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now to stay in the loop and motivated.
- To get access to daily workout reminders, support, accountability and motivation — be sure to join the 30-Day Challenge Series Coaching Group and click “Join” then invite your friends to make it more fun.
- NOTE! This is NEW this month! Previously challenges have been coached as events and you need to “join” each event monthly. Once you join this group, you will automatically be included and the challenge will update each month. You can manage the updates by modifying your preferences in the notifications tab or leave the group once you’re over it.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, your newsletter will arrive on Tuesday the 29th with all the details!
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Thursday, October 1st!
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Subscribe to Blog via Email