Welcome back Caitlin from Fitgevity! She’s your go-to gal for staying fit while on the road. Bookmark this one for the next time yo’re on the road and need a killer hotel room workout!
When we’re traveling it can be extremely difficult to fit workouts out. Let’s face it, sometimes we don’t have access to a gym, we’re in and out of meetings and there’s no time, or we feel too lazy to walk to the gym or sign up for a fitness class.
That’s where good a hotel room workout comes in!
A solid hotel room workout can be a game changer for anyone who travels on a regular basis. By supplying your own easy to pack fitness equipment, using items commonly found in hotel rooms, and your very own bodyweight, you can easily put together a calorie blasting workout.
Why a hotel room workout can be amazing:
- Hotel room workouts don’t require a lot of space, time, or equipment
- You don’t have to leave your room
- Hotel room workouts are easy to fit in before bed or when you wake up in the morning
Tips for Building an Effective Hotel Room Workout
When building an effective hotel room workout, there are a few key elements to remember:
- It’s not so much about duration as it is intensity. When we’re traveling we don’t have a lot of time to spare, so focus on pushing yourself for a short period of time, 10-30 minutes – if you feel winded then you’re doing it properly.
- Create a circuit with 4-5 exercises – make sure to keep the intensity up the entire time.
- You can use chairs or the side of the bed for step-ups, dips, and split squats.
- Packing easy to carry items such as resistance bands or sliders to diversify your workout. For example, by carrying a door anchor and resistance bands you can easily turn your hotel room door into a cable machine.
- Body weight exercises can provide a great workout! Slow down your reps or increase your reps for more of a challenge.
- Incorporate exercises such as burpees, switch jumps, squat jumps, and new jacks for a cardio element.
Bonus Hotel Room Workout Video!
Below you will find a short hotel room workout video that is sure to burn a few calories. This workout video features 41” loop bands to strengthen your lower body.
Tips for making the most of this workout video:
- Set your timer for between 10-30 minutes
- Perform 10 reps of each exercise, when you get to the last exercise start back at the top
- Take breaks as needed in order to keep proper form
A Quick Recap
Hotel room workouts are a great way to stay fit while traveling! Make sure to keep your workout short, intense, and use a combo of objects already in the room, easy to pack fitness equipment, and body weight exercises to make the most of your hotel room workouts.
EDBS blog manager, personal trainer, group fitness instructor, traveler, writer, doggy momma, dancer, and lover of life.
Subscribe to Blog via Email