Happy almost Fourth of July! I’m so excited. The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! I just love hanging out with friends and family, sipping on SkinnyTinis, and eating delicious food like this Mint Melon Refresher.
But let’s face it, planning a Fourth of July meal for everyone can be overwhelming, and can sometimes result in defaulting to a variety of chips, ice cream, hot dogs, and maybe a salad…if you’re lucky.
Your Fourth all planned
To help keep things easy for you this Fourth of July, I’ve put together a few options to keep your holiday happy, healthy and colorful.
Mix and match these recipes as you please! No matter what combo you choose, you’re bound to end up with tons of nutrition and lots of flavor in this meal.
- Main: Healthy Hamburger Recipe and Tips
- Main: Healthy Turkey Burgers
- Main: Sesame Seared Ahi with Pineapple Couscous
- Side: Low Carb Cucumber & Shrimp Salad
- Side: Plant Powered High Protein Pasta Salad
- Side: Avocado Pesto Pasta Salad
- Side: Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Side: Mint Melon Refresher – Recipe below!
- Cocktail: Sweet Citrus SkinnyTini
- Cocktail: Clean & Colorful Margarita
- Dessert: Frozen Pumpkin Pie Jars
- Dessert: Peanut Butter and Black Bean Brownies
Mint Melon Refresher Recipe!
It’s time for the Mint Melon Refresher recipe! Say that one ten times fast lol. This recipe is perfect for your Fourth of July party. It takes that BBQ staple to the next level, and is a must try! This Mint Melon Refresher is also a nice contrast to those grilled burgers with its cool, tangy flavor.
- 1 cup diced Watermelon
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 T chopped Fresh Mint
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors mix and absorb into the melon.
Look & feel great with the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox
Are all of the summer BBQ’s, apps and drinks on a patio somewhere and ice cream throwing off your healthy eating habits? Do you feel bloated, a tad bit out of control when it comes to your food choices, and like everything is fitting a bit tighter?
If so, don’t get down on yourself! These things happen especially when there are so many delicious items to eat and drink. When this happens, make sure to give the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox a try to get back on track!
What you can expect from the 3-Day Detox:
- To lose between 3-5 pounds by the end of the detox.
- To rid your system of processed food and junk.
- To feel great and have more energy!
- To reset from junky eating and get back on track with eating the way your body was meant to eat for optimal performance.
- Get recipes for my most popular shakes, juices and soups.
- You won’t feel hungry or get bored with this detox!
Subscribe to Blog via EmailTeresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHPTeresa Marie is a nutrition expert, fitness enthusiast and health coach. She is backed with a BS in Nutrition, an MBA, a CPT from ACE and 16+ years of experience in the weight loss and wellness space. She is the founder and lead contributor of this site and coaches clients across the globe on how to achieve better health and more happiness by implementing the 4 Universal Diet Truths of her Clean & Colorful Concept.