Monday, Monday, Monday. It’s that time of week when we’re headed work, dropping the kids off at daycare, possibly running late, and have a million plus things to get done on top of everything else.
That’s why it’s necessary to have some easy breakfast recipes in your back pocket, like overnight oats, to make sure you and your family aren’t in a nutrition deficit before the day even starts.
Summertime breakfast recipes to keep you satisfied
Breakfast is such an important meal. Even though, it’s easy to end up feeding yourself and your family easy meals filled with sugar and fillers. Those types of meals don’t keep the body going. You’ll feel the sugar high followed by a crash, and will be hungry again in an hour.
So why not try out a few of these easy to make breakfast recipes that you’re whole family will love?? Each of these recipes is quick and easy, and can be made in advance for an even easier breakfast during a time crunch.
- Cranberry Oat No Bake Breakfast Bars
- Clean & Colorful Pancake Recipe
- Coco-Chia Seed Cranberry Quinoa Healthy Muffin Recipe
- Easy Protein Energy Balls
- Clean & Colorful Overnight Oats – recipe below!
Overnight Oats Recipe
I absolutely love overnight oats. It’s one of those set it and forget it meals. Plus it can last 3-5 days in your fridge, and you can literally top with any ingredients you like!
Chia seeds? You got it! Blueberries or dried fruit? Awesome! Cinnamon and granola? Definitely!…You get the picture. The options are endless which means that you’ll never get bored. You can alter this recipe in anyway you like and it will still taste amazing!
- 2 cups Raw Oats
- 2 T Chia Seeds
- 2 T Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped Walnuts
- 4 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup sliced Strawberries
- 2 sliced Bananas
- Add the oats, chia seeds, flax, cinnamon, cranberries and walnuts to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add almond milk and stir until well combined.
- Fill 8 oz mason jars about 3/4 to top.
- Put the lids on and store them in the refrigerator overnight!
- Top with fruit prior to eating.
- Serves 5. These jars will stay good for about 3-5 days.
Look & feel great with the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox
Are all of the summer BBQ’s, apps and drinks on a patio somewhere and ice cream throwing off your healthy eating habits? Do you feel bloated, a tad bit out of control when it comes to your food choices, and like everything is fitting a bit tighter?
If so, don’t get down on yourself! These things happen especially when there are so many delicious items to eat and drink. When this happens, make sure to give the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox a try to get back on track!
What you can expect from the 3-Day Detox:
- To lose between 3-5 pounds by the end of the detox.
- To rid your system of processed food and junk.
- To feel great and have more energy!
- To reset from junky eating and get back on track with eating the way your body was meant to eat for optimal performance.
- Get recipes for my most popular shakes, juices and soups.
- You won’t feel hungry or get bored with this detox!
Subscribe to Blog via EmailTeresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHPTeresa Marie is a nutrition expert, fitness enthusiast and health coach. She is backed with a BS in Nutrition, an MBA, a CPT from ACE and 16+ years of experience in the weight loss and wellness space. She is the founder and lead contributor of this site and coaches clients across the globe on how to achieve better health and more happiness by implementing the 4 Universal Diet Truths of her Clean & Colorful Concept.