Guess what? The Fourth of July is right around the corner! This is such an exciting time with BBQ’s, cocktails, and family and friends….and maybe a SkinnyTini?
Let’s face it though, this is also a calorie busting time. The average martini weighs in at about 220 calories per glass plus or minus a few calories depending on the mixers and pour.
Slow down that calorie intake
Before getting to my delicious Sweet Citrus SkinnyTini recipe, I must stop to give you a few skinny summer tips! There are so many delicious ways to stay hydrated and reduce alcohol consumption this summer when living it up with your family and friends.
Not only will these skinny summer tips help keep the calorie count in check, but they’ll also help prevent that dreaded hangover.
- The oldest trick in the book – match your alcohol consumption 1/1 with a glass of water. This will slow you down, keep you hydrated, and give you time to decide if you really want that second, third, forth, whatever number, drink.
- Try a spritzer! My favorite way to cut calories is to mix white wine with sparkling water, and top it off with my favorite flavored liquid stevia. It’s simple, delicious, and literally cuts the calories in half for each glass.
- There are so many delicious flavored sparkling waters out there. La Croix, for example, offers something like 20 flavors of sparkling water. Find your favorite sparkling water flavor, mix with a little vodka and ice, and garnish with with the corresponding fruit for extra flavor. I love grapefruit sparkling water topped off with some fresh grapefruit!
- Try a SkinnyTini! My recipes are always packed with fresh fruits and veggies for a little detox while your retox.
Sweet Citrus SkinnyTini Recipe
Now for the Sweet Citrus SkinnyTini recipe! I love this SkinnyTini recipe because it’s so light and refreshing which makes it the perfect cocktail for any summertime BBQ. To top off how perfect this recipe already is, it’s only 143 calories per serving! So drink up and enjoy!
- 1-1/2 oz Grapefruit Flavored Vodka
- 1/2 oz Honey Citrus Simple Syrup
- 3 oz Soda Water
- Lemon or Lime Wedge Garnish
- Add vodka and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass, top off with soda water, garnish with citrus wedge and serve.
Honey Citrus Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/4 cups Manuka Honey
- Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- Juice of 1 Fresh Lime
- Filtered Water
- 1/2 tsp High Quality Cinnamon
- Juice the lemon and lime directly into a 1/2 measuring cup, top the rest off with filtered water so you have a 2 to 1 ratio of liquid to honey.
- Add the liquid, honey and cinnamon to a small sauce pan and heat to a simmer. Let it cook for a few minutes, so the honey fully dissolves int the liquid.
- Remove from heat and pour into mason jar to cool and store until you need it. It can last a few weeks, a month max.
- This recipe makes about 8 oz, so make more or less depending on how big your party will be!
Look & feel great with the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox
Are all of the summer BBQ’s, apps and drinks on a patio somewhere and ice cream throwing off your healthy eating habits? Do you feel bloated, a tad bit out of control when it comes to your food choices, and like everything is fitting a bit tighter?
If so, don’t get down on yourself! These things happen especially when there are so many delicious items to eat and drink. When this happens, make sure to give the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox a try to get back on track!
What you can expect from the 3-Day Detox:
- To lose between 3-5 pounds by the end of the detox.
- To rid your system of processed food and junk.
- To feel great and have more energy!
- To reset from junky eating and get back on track with eating the way your body was meant to eat for optimal performance.
- Get recipes for my most popular shakes, juices and soups.
- You won’t feel hungry or get bored with this detox!
Subscribe to Blog via EmailTeresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHPTeresa Marie is a nutrition expert, fitness enthusiast and health coach. She is backed with a BS in Nutrition, an MBA, a CPT from ACE and 16+ years of experience in the weight loss and wellness space. She is the founder and lead contributor of this site and coaches clients across the globe on how to achieve better health and more happiness by implementing the 4 Universal Diet Truths of her Clean & Colorful Concept.