Parties, parties everywhere, and nothing to bring but highly processed chips….until now! In this recipe I’m going to show you how to make my delicious and nutritious sweet potato hummus.
Why sweet potato hummus?
Sweet potato hummus is one of my go to party favorites for a number of reasons:
- It’s packed full of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and other important phytochemicals.
- This healthy snack is almost as easy to make as it is to grab its processed, grocery store counterpart off the shelf.
- Sweet potato hummus makes dipping veggies more exciting. This leads to healthier choices at parties!
To make things better, this recipe can be made for everyday snacking! It’s an awesome way to make packing lunch for you and your kids that much more tasty. You can also keep this hummus in your fridge for up to one week…if it lasts that long.
Clean & Colorful Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe
Get ready to make this recipe ASAP! You can dress it up or down as you like to match your specific tastes. Try adding extra garlic or horseradish for some bite. You can also give cilantro or basil a go for a fresh taste.
- 1 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs Baby Carrots
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1/2″ pieces. Steam the potatoes over water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor and add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin, garlic and puree until smooth. About 1 minute. If mixture is too thick, add water, 1 tsp at a time.
- Serve with carrots for orange theme or any vegetable of your preference.
- Store for up to one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Look & feel great with the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox
Are all of the summer BBQ’s, apps and drinks on a patio somewhere and ice cream throwing off your healthy eating habits? Do you feel bloated, a tad bit out of control when it comes to your food choices, and like everything is fitting a bit tighter?
If so, don’t get down on yourself! These things happen especially when there are so many delicious items to eat and drink. When this happens, make sure to give the Clean & Colorful 3-Day Detox a try to get back on track!
What you can expect from the 3-Day Detox:
- To lose between 3-5 pounds by the end of the detox.
- To rid your system of processed food and junk.
- To feel great and have more energy!
- To reset from junky eating and get back on track with eating the way your body was meant to eat for optimal performance.
- Get recipes for my most popular shakes, juices and soups.
- You won’t feel hungry or get bored with this detox!
Subscribe to Blog via EmailTeresa Marie Howes, BS, CPT, HHPTeresa Marie is a nutrition expert, fitness enthusiast and health coach. She is backed with a BS in Nutrition, an MBA, a CPT from ACE and 16+ years of experience in the weight loss and wellness space. She is the founder and lead contributor of this site and coaches clients across the globe on how to achieve better health and more happiness by implementing the 4 Universal Diet Truths of her Clean & Colorful Concept.