Parties, parties everywhere, and nothing to bring but highly processed chips….until now! In this recipe I’m going to show you how to make my delicious and nutritious sweet potato hummus.
Why sweet potato hummus?
Sweet potato hummus is one of my go to party favorites for a number of reasons:
- It’s packed full of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and other important phytochemicals.
- This healthy snack is almost as easy to make as it is to grab its processed, grocery store counterpart off the shelf.
- Sweet potato hummus makes dipping veggies more exciting. This leads to healthier choices at parties!
To make things better, this recipe can be made for everyday snacking! It’s an awesome way to make packing lunch for you and your kids that much more tasty. You can also keep this hummus in your fridge for up to one week…if it lasts that long.
Clean & Colorful Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe
Get ready to make this recipe ASAP! You can dress it up or down as you like to match your specific tastes. Try adding extra garlic or horseradish for some bite. You can also give cilantro or basil a go for a fresh taste.
- 1 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs Baby Carrots
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1/2″ pieces. Steam the potatoes over water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor and add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, oil, cumin, garlic and puree until smooth. About 1 minute. If mixture is too thick, add water, 1 tsp at a time.
- Serve with carrots for orange theme or any vegetable of your preference. See below for my most colorful favorites: radishes, endive, cucumbers, red peppers, and purple cabbage.
- Bonus: you can store the leftovers for up to one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Get more Clean & Colorful Recipes
Cooking from scratch does not need to be hard! That’s why I created the Clean & Colorful 28-Day Program. It’s full of recipes for breakfast, entrees, snacks, smoothies, juices, and skinny cocktails. It also come with meal plans, telling you what to eat and when, with shopping list and meal prep tips. It’s a pfd download so you get all the info ASAP!Check out the program now!
Subscribe to Blog via Email