This is a sponsored post on behalf of Blue Harbor Fish Co. Even so, all opinion are my own, and I only share my favorite products with you!
Owning a meal prep company is such a rewarding experience. I get to help San Diegans live a clean & colorful lifestyle by providing nutritious (and tasty) meals delivered straight to their doors weekly! Creating new recipes has been one of my favorite parts about running my meal prep service. So I have to share my favorite recipe with you: Tuna Nicoise Salad featuring Blue Harbor Fish Co.
The convenience factor
One thing that’s necessary when it comes to running a meal prep company is convenience. Our mission is to use locally sourced and fresh ingredients. This really doesn’t leave much room for the convenience factor, so I’ll take it where I can get it.
I chose to go with Blue Harbor Tuna for this recipe because I can get the convenience without compromising quality. Blue Harbor provides hand-selected, sustainable tuna from Marine Stewardship Council certified fisheries that comes in a pouch. Now, I can already see you thinking, “Wow, how’s this special? There are a variety of fish offered in pouches.”
Well, let me tell you why! The awesome part about Blue Harbor Tuna is that their tuna comes in a no drain pouch! Say what? This is the type of convenience factor I’m looking for! To top that off, each pouch is packed only with water. Or if you’re looking for a little seasoning, you can also get your tuna packed in water and sea salt. Both of these options leave me with quality tuna that tastes fresh, delicious and mild, and that I’m proud to serve to my clients.
Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe
Now it’s time for the good stuff! My super popular Tuna Nicoise Salad Recipe. This clean & colorful twist on a French favorite is packed full of protein, will delight your taste buds and is bound to satisfy even the heartiest of appetites.
- 2 – 3 oz Blue Harbor Tuna Packets
- 6 oz Purple Potatoes
- 6 oz Green Beans
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4.5 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 oz Spinach or Baby Kale
- 1.5 oz Red Onions
- 9 Greek Olives, pitted
- 1.25 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5 tsp Salt or Lemon Pepper
- 3 oz CCK Mustard Vinaigrette
CCK Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Water
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Mustard
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp honey
- Dash of Paprika
- Cut purple potatoes into one-inch cubes. Fill a large stock pot with 1-3” water, place steaming basket and add to potatoes. Steam for 20 minutes or until potatoes reach desired softness.
- Trim the ends off the green beans. When potatoes are done, remove and add the green beans. Refill water (if needed) add green beans and steam for 5 minutes, or until reach desired softness.
- Toss the Blue Harbor Tuna in olive oil and seasoning.
- Cut the olives, tomatoes and eggs in half.
- Cut the red onion lengthwise, into crescents.
- Make the mustard vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a blender and mixing on high for 1 minute.
- Place 1 oz greens on a plate and top with rows of 1/3 of the tomatoes, onions, potatoes and green beans. 2 halves of an egg and 6 olive halves on either end.
- Bon Appetite!
Serves 3 – Nutrition: 395 Calories 25g Fat 22g Carbs 23g Protein 7g Sugar 5g Fiber
What is your favorite way to use Blue Harbor Tuna? Leave a comment below!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Harbor Fish Co.