My 30-Day Challenge Series is back! I took a 2 month pause to coach the 40/40 bootcamp challenge with all my attention and that was a huge success! Not only did I shed 4 lbs of fat and 3.5″ from my gut, butt and thighs, nearly 100 of you guys committed to doing it with me! It really was an amazing program and I’ll look forward to coaching something very similar to it again in September, be sure to join the VIP waitlist for that here.
Now I’m back and ready to share the 30-Day Full Body Density Interval Challenge with everybody — for free! Read on for details on what it is, how to get started and in short, why you want to take this challenge!
What is the 30-Day Full Body Density Interval Challenge
I had the pleasure of attending the IDEA Fitness Expo last week and I sat in on a session taught by Scott Rawcliffe called “Metabolic Mayhem – Metabolic Training Made Easy.” It was pretty awesome he essentially gave the academia behind interval training. Out if it came the inspiration for this simplified 30-Day Full Body Density Interval Challenge.
- Your Goal: to do more “rounds” of the circuit in 5 minutes after 30 days of training.
- The Circuit: 10 Push-ups, 10 Squats, 10 Crunches.
It’s that simple. So on day 1, you do the density test and see how many rounds of 10x10x10 pushups, squats and crunches you can do in 5 minutes. Throughout the challenge, we’ll do basic cardio and focus on just push-ups, squats, and crunches and then test again later in the week. We do this for 30 days and your goal is to increase the “density” of the 5 min time period. In that you do MORE rounds of the circuit in the same amount of time. Fun, right?
Full Body Density Interval Exercises
I picked very basic moves because I want these to be excuse free, barrier free and for you to be as safe as possible. Below are links to basic tutorials for each basic move which you should review if you are doubtful of where to start.
Should you use weights?
Well, that depends. If you want to, then yes. Same with whether or not you should do push-ups on your knees, toes or even a wall. But essentially, whatever you do on day 1, is what you want to do for the entire challenge. That way you can more objectively measure your strength gains over the course of the 30 day challenge.
How do I know exactly what to do each day?
You’ve got to get your hands on the tracker* and it tells you exactly what to do each day and will also give you a place to record how many rounds you’re doing on each density test and your before and after body measurements000. But essentially, it looks like this:
- Monday: Density Test
- Tuesday: Cardio Choice
- Wednesday: 100 Push-ups
- Thursday: 100 Squats
- Friday: 100 Crunches
- Saturday: Density Test
- Sunday: Challenger Choice (Rest or make up day).
30-Day Cardio Interval Challenge Fine Print:
- At the beginning of the month you will record your basic measurements and again at the end of the month to measure your progress.
- Using your tracker, record the results of your density tests and your completion of the other training exercises. As you train throughout the month, you can add weight and intensity to your push-ups, squats and crunches, but you’ll want to keep the same variation in all your density tests (i.e. if you do day 1 density test on your knees for pushups, it’s ok to push yourself harder on Wednesday and do more push-ups on your toes. But when you test again, go back to your knees so you’re comparing apples to apples).
- As always, be sure to check with your doctor before starting any new exercise routine. This program is a general recommendation and only you and your doctor can decide if this is the right challenge for you.
Getting started on the 30 Day Cardio Interval Challenge:
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now and join the private coaching group for daily reminders and accountability.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here*. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Monday, August 1st!
Are you read to see how strong you can get this month with the 30-Day Full Body Density Interval Challenge? I am!
*When you sign up for free access to the official tracker, you will also get my entire Clean & Colorful Kickstarter Guide and more tips and strategies to living a cleaner and more colorful lifestyle.
Subscribe to Blog via Email