This is the perfect healthy drink recipe to cheers all the wonderful mommies we know!
Not just your own, for everything she gave you, but all the wonderful mothers’ in your life. Just about every lady who’s had a baby is a mom. Your sister, daughter, best friends, co-workers, workout buddies — all of them! And this is a time to celebrate and appreciate them with this wonderfully light and refreshing drink recipe. While I don’t speak from experience, I know these women are all super heroes. Sometimes their mastery and magic goes unnoticed, sometimes it’s impossible to ignore. But there is nothing more impressive in my book!
So as we raise our glasses to celebrate these lovely, irreplaceable ladies, let’s toast:
To all the unselfish moms out there who traded
eyeliner for dark circles,
salon haircuts for ponytails,
long baths for quick showers,
late nights for early mornings,
designer bags for diaper bags,
and wouldn’t change a thing.
Happy Mothers’ Day!
And here is the perfect SkinnyTini drink recipe to fill your glass with. It’s light, refreshing, seasonal and pink!
GinRuby SkinnyTIni Healthy Drink Recipe
- 2 oz gin
- 2 oz pink grapefruit sparkling water/soda (zero calorie)
- 1 oz fresh cantaloupe juice
- 2 lemon wedges
Directions: You will want to chop up the cantaloupe into cubes and put in your juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, put it in the blender and then strain through a fine sieve to remove the pulp. Maybe try cheese cloth or a coffee filter? (or maybe this is the perfect time to buy a juicer 🙂 Add fresh juice, lemon juice, gin and ice to shaker and shake for 5-10 seconds. Strain into chilled glass and top with sparkling pink grapefruit sparkling water. Garnish with lemon and serve.
- Cantaloupe juice is not particularly low calorie with 20 calories per ounce, but when paired with sparkling pink grapefruit juice, this drink recipe is still under 150 calories.
- Cantaloupe is high in A and Beta Carotene and Vitamin C — let’s keep our ladies strong and healthy!
- If you wanted to stray away from artificial sweetener, you could also use juice fresh grapefruit or use regular pink grapefruit juice in this drink recipe. There are about 50 calories in half a grapefruit and 12 calories per oz in the juice.
- You can use any gin you would like, but we preferred Hendricks.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!
Here are some other great drink recipe ideas, they aren’t so skinny, but they sure are fancy!
And because what’s a drink without a healthy snack?
Enjoy your wonderful celebration this weekend — Cheers!