This post is sponsored by Blue Harbor Fish Co. However, all opinions are my own, and I only share my favorite products!
Tis the season for weight loss! So many of us cringe at the mere thought of a “diet” — most definitely myself included! But simple and delicious recipes like this Light and Crunchy Tuna Salad made with Blue Harbor Fish Co (line caught!) Tuna always put me at ease. Here’s why…
Weight loss does not have to be about starving or restriction and it certainly does not have to be full bland, boring or overly complicated meals. It just needs to be about loving your body enough to feed it really high-quality food.
You’ve heard it before, and yes, it really can be that simple. But here’s what you’re looking for:
- Lean proteins (to protect lean mass as you lose weight)
- Healthy fats (don’t you dare skip it, your body needs it!)
- Complex carbohydrates (think: fill up on fiber!)
- Lots and lots of color (no one EVER got fat from eating too much produce!)
This recipe is a perfect example of all those core nutrition philosophies put into one simple, no-cook, meal you can make in 5 min!
- Tuna is one of the leanest sources of protein you can get. One packet of Blue Harbor line caught tuna has just 90 calories with 19g of protein. You’d be hard pressed to even find a synthetic product out there that offers that high of a nutrition ROI. Plus, Blue Harbor’s Tuna is made with simple ingredients and sustainably-caught, wild Albacore tuna. You’ll only find tuna, water, and optional sea salt in Blue Harbor’s pouches! No preservatives here.
- Mayo is often a GMO product, be sure you look for a super clean organic version made with a mono-unsaturated fat like avocado or olive oil. The right one makes this recipe creamy and satisfying, while still giving your body what it needs.
- This whole wheat wrap adds fiber and ties the whole meal together well. You could also use a high-quality wheat bread or crackers.
- You can never add too many veggies. What could be a small serving of tuna salad is quadrupled in size through the apples, onions, carrots and spinach helping you feel fuller on fewer calories. Not to mention — loaded with plant powered phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals.
Add these simple ingredients to your grocery list this week and start to feel how real food can support real weight loss!
- 6 oz Blue Harbor Tuna (2 pouches)
- 2 cups fresh Spinach
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 1 medium Apple, diced
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Spicy Mustard
- Black pepper and garlic salt to taste
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps
Add the first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Season with black pepper and garlic salt to taste then stuff half of the tuna salad into a whole wheat wrap and enjoy!
Note: The tuna will stay good for several days, this is a great dish to make in bulk and have prepped meals on hand for later in the week.
Nutrition per serving: 345 calories, 27g protein, 9g fat, 6g fiber, 11g sugar.
Blue Harbor is 100% my tuna brand of choice. I’m always impressed by their practices. Blue Harbor is dedicated to the sustainability of the world’s fish stocks (we could use more companies like this). And they belong to the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) which was established to address overfishing. Get all of the details about Blue Harbor and the MSC here!
What’s your favorite, healthy, go-to recipe for weight loss?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Harbor Fish Co.
Subscribe to Blog via Email