All right Challengers — it’s time for a brand new month and a brand new challenge! Sometimes when we laser focus in on exercising and weight loss, we forget about fitness fundamentals. That’s why this month we’re getting back to basics with a step and stretch challenge as our free 30-day fitness challenge!
I know at times that getting in the recommended 10k steps per day can seem like a huge feet to accomplish let alone stretching our muscles on a daily basis too. However, stepping up your step count, no pun intended, and stretching daily will give you that extra umph to achieve your fitness goals.
Whether you are a ballerina who is uber flexible or can barely touch your toes, or someone who walks 1k steps per day, this challenge is for you! This 30-Day Step and Stretch Challenge will help you gain the most flexibility you’ve ever had and up that step count to 10k steps per day (or at the very least, closer to it than you are today).
What is theFree 30-Day Step and Stretch Challenge?
It’s pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. This is a series of daily prompts, resources, and a full stretching guide to help you get to 10k steps per day and increase your flexibility. During this challenge you’ll learn about:
- The health benefits behind regular stretching.
- Tips for proper stretching and how to increase your flexibility faster than ever before.
- A complete list of stretches to help you reach your flexibility goals including the splits.
- How to reach that elusive 10k steps per day.
How to do the 30-Day Free Step and Stretch Challenge
It’s fairly straightforward, but here’s how it will go:
- On day one (in this case, March 1st), you will start by testing your current level of flexibility by seeing where you’re at when it comes to touching your toes, and set your daily step goal. This will give you your benchmark for the challenge.
- Each day of the challenge you’ll work on implementing new techniques to increase your flexibility and hit your step goal.
- On day 30 (in this case March 30th), you will perform the same stretch test and see how many days you hit your step goal. You will be amazed at how much your flexibility has increased, and how how many days you hit your step goal when you set your mind to it!
Note: If you don’t already have a pedometer, smart watch, or other device to track your steps you might want to invest in one before the challenge starts! There are so many awesome devices available ranging from a few bucks to more expensive models. Here are some of my faves: pedometer ($22), Fitbit ($99).
What you can look forward to during the step and stretch challenge:
- Step prompts: Fitting in more than a few thousand steps per day can seem rather challenging. These prompts will give you ideas for getting up and moving.
- Stretching prompts: You’ll get a full stretching guide with prompts that will ease you into the more difficult stretches.
- You set the pace: Each challenger will be different! That’s why you get to set the pace. If you’re a beginner, focus on starting off slowly and incorporating stretching and additional steps in a way that that can be maintained. If you’re more advance you may want to push the pace so that you feel challenged and reach new goals.
- Step and Stretch tracker: You will get a 30-day tracker to record your steps and stretches. This will help you see progress and stay on track.
- Stretch Test Days: On March 1st and March 30th, you will track your number of steps and perform basic stretches to track your improvement.
Getting started on the 30-Day Free Step and Stretch Challenge
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now and join the private coaching group for daily reminders and accountability.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here*. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Read the rest of this post for the details on how the challenge works, why it’s awesome and some form and safety tips.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Wednesday, March 1st!
*When you sign up for free access to the official tracker, you will also get my entire Clean & Colorful Jumpstart Guide and regular tips and strategies to living a cleaner and more colorful lifestyle. *Note: If you are currently subscribed to my newsletter and you get my weekly Clean & Colorful Conversation newsletters, you DO NOT need to register again for the tracker. It will be sent in the monthly newsletter on Friday the 24th.
Why sign up for the 30-Day Free Step and Stretch Challenge?
There is no better feeling than setting a goal, working towards it and achieving or exceeding your expectations. And stepping and stretching is just one of those happy activities that requires very little equipment and just about anybody can do it. It does not matter if you uber flexible, not flexible at all, walk everywhere or don’t walk at all, all of us can improve in this area.
This 30-Day free step and stretch challenge includes a series of progressive stretches and step prompts that will have you reaching goals you didn’t think were possible by the end of the 30 days. After 30 days, you should be able reach 10k steps per day and notice a significant increase in your flexibility.
The 30-Day Free Step and Stretch Challenge Fine Print:
- Always use proper running form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury, be sure to review this 10-point checklist of good running form and be sure to sign up with Gals Who Run to get your 10 Tips to Injury Free Running.
- Be smart and mindful of your current level of fitness. You must respect the balance between pushing yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself.
- Follow the schedule in order to the best of your ability.
- Use your tracker to record your stretches and number of steps per day. Some days you may feel strong, push yourself on those days. Other days you may not, don’t beat yourself up over it.
- Depending on your current level of fitness, this can be a hard challenge. Be smart, listen to your body and take a rest day when needed. As long as you’re progressively increasing your intensity with good form, you’ll get stronger and more flexible.
- Always speak with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
Are you in? What are you goals? Get ready to CRUSH them!
Subscribe to Blog via Email