I think this is a wonderful SkinnyTini for the occasion for many reasons. Green drinks are all over the place now, and it really was only a matter of time before we started putting a little booze in there to spice things up. While this may not amplify your heath to the same extend as a traditional green drink, it sure can’t hurt as much as your traditional sugar loaded, artificially flavored and colored concoctions!
- It’s Green (literally)
- It’s all natural (no artificial flavors or colors)
- It’s delicious (cucumber mint is an interesting combo)
So have it it folks. Go pick up some cucumbers, mint, lime, gin (or vodka), soda water and stevia. Make yourself a Green Drink Cocktail! All those items should be available at your local grocery store on you way home from work today. Enjoy Lean Green SkinnyTini Machines all weekend long!
Enjoy Lean Green SkinnyTini Machines
- 2 oz gin or vodka
- 1 oz fresh cucumber juice
- 2 oz soda water
- 1/4 fresh lime
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia
- hand full of fresh mint
Calories: 137 for 5 oz martini
Directions: Add the mint, lime wedge and stevia to the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle the ingredients together to extract and blend flavors together. Fill with ice, add gin and cucumber juice and shake 5-10 seconds to thoroughly mix and chill the tini. Strain into chilled cocktail glass, top with soda water to fill to rim. Garnish with fresh lime and more mint if desired.
- Wondering where to get cucumber juice? This one I’m pretty sure you just need to juice it yourself. If you don’t already have a juicer, I think it’s time you buy one. You can get one for pretty cheap these days, read my quick tips to get started on juicing here.
- Don’t like Stevia? Ok, use any sweetener you’d like or none at all. It’s still an interesting SkinnyTini without the touch of sweetness. And it’s so low calorie that you can stand to add a little pure sugar, agave or honey to it and still fall under the 150 guidelines.
- Wondering which gin is the best? We played with the top three (Bombay, Hendricks and Tanqueray) and Hendricks won bar far. Very light flavor.
How else to you plan to celebrate Earth Day this year? Whatever your celebrations or actions are, I hope you truly take time to appreciate this planet and all the wonderful people on it. It can be a scary world sometimes, but if everybody made a conscious effort to choose love and appreciation over fear and jealousy — wouldn’t it be a more wonderful place to be?
Want more Skinny and Healthy Cocktail Recipes?
Then get the full nutrition guide! It’s loaded with 28-days of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, juices, smoothies and of course… skinny cocktails!Get the Nutrition and Recipe Guide Now!
Subscribe to Blog via Email