I love a good breakfast sandwich! But I don’t like one that is full of sausage, bacon, butter and cheese and leaves me feeling stuffed and slowed down for the day. I’m busy girl and I expect a lot out of my meals — especially breakfast!
I think pita pockets are great for so many things, and I love them to tote around your power breakfast to go! Get the whole wheat versions for extra nutrition and let the fiber fill you up! This healthy breakfast recipe is easy to whip together in a few minutes, wrap up in some tinfoil and take on the go! There aren’t too many ingredients and nothing complicated or hard to find.
Breakfast Pita Pocket Sandwich
- 1 Whole Wheat Pita Pocket
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1/8 Onion
- 1/2 cup Yellow Tomatoes
- 1/4 Tomato
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2T Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cut pita in half and gently open up. Place in toaster or toaster oven to make crispy.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray, dice onions and pan fry for 2 minutes. Cut baby yellow tomatoes into quarters and add to the pan cook for 1 minute. Chop spinach and add to pan and cook for one minute.
- In a small dish whisk egg whites and poor over cooking veggies. Pan fry until scrambled. Season to taste and top with cheese.
- Slice tomatoes and place inside toasted pita pocket halves. Stuff the pitas with the egg and veggie mixture and enjoy!
Nutrition: This sandwich has it all! Filling you up for under 350 calories, you’ll be kept satisfied, energized and powered up for the day with 25g protein and 9g of fiber!
Subscribe to Blog via Email