If summer grilling is on your list of things to do and you’re tired of burgers and hot dogs, this one is for you! Print it out, save it to your bookmarks, whatever it takes. This recipe is easy, colorful, healthy and a great way to mix up your summer BBQ parties! The couscous salad comes together in a matter of minutes and the ahi cooks up quickly as well. You would never know it was so easy! And if you’re gluten free, simply swap the couscous for quinoa and you’re good to go!
I created it originally for the series “Healthier Recipes” that is available on eHow.com. But I liked it so much, it’s actually being featured in my Color Yourself Skinny Program as a Yellow Dinner, which is now included as a part of my Simple Secrets Membership program. It’s nutrition panel is too impressive and the flavors are too delicious to not share with the world.
- 12 oz (3 x 4 oz) Ahi steaks
- 1 box Seasoned Couscous*
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 cups Diced Pineapple
- 4 T Sesame Seeds
- 2 T Soy Sauce
*feel free to swap quinoa if you’re gluten free
Pineapple Couscous Salad Directions:
- Prepare the couscous (or quinoa) according to the package directions. Consider shorting the water a tiny bit, as the pineapple will add additional moisture.
- Pat the pineapple dry, this will keep the couscous from getting too gummy and add to prepared couscous with green peppers.
- Let the Ahi steaks sit in the soy sauce for several minutes.
- Add sesame seeds to a shallow dish and dip the steaks in to cover completely.
- Grill the Ahi over open flame grill for 1 min on each side then sear the edges for 10 seconds each. Ideally, the outside ¼ inch turns opaque while the center remains bright pink.
- Slice the Ahi with the grain of the flesh and place on top of the couscous salad.
What is your favorite way to mix up your summer grilling parties?
Let me know, I’d love to try it out!
Subscribe to Blog via Email