It’s time to pull out your favorite jersey for its final football hooray! Read on for my Skinny Super Bowl Sunday Tips so you can eek out without eating as many calories as the players burn today!
Healthy Football Drinks
I don’t know why sports and drinking are such a notorious combination, but they just are! So whether your knocking these back at a bar or on your buddies couch, here some great options if you are going to be participating in the festivities. Don’t forget to sneak in a non-alcoholic drink (water is best) in between cocktails to stave off dehydration and keep you from wasting too many empty alcohol calories. Hot tea and coffee are also great options if you can’t take any more water.
- 5oz Bloody Mary – 116 calories
- 5oz Mimosa – 92 calories
- 5oz Skinny Mimosa – 72 calories
- 12oz Coors Light– 104 calories
- 12oz Bud Light – 110 calories
- 12oz Bud Select – 99 calories
- 12oz Amstel Light – 95 calories
- 12oz Non-Alcoholic Beer – 60 calories
- 9oz GameDay SkinnyTini (a.k.a. “don’t knock it ‘till you try it”). Equal parts light beer, white wine and diet sprite – 85 calories
Healthy Football Snacks
Football food is tough because it’s so yummy! Items are usually bite size and they look so small, how could just one more really matter? Then you have a few drinks in you and all of a sudden you just don’t care and you’re down a few thousand calories before you know it. The worst fumble of them all. You’re best line of defense here is having a strong offense; eat healthy at home before you go. Not being hungry is the best way to outwit the sneaky football treats. But if you really must dig in, here are your best options:
- Grilled Fish Tacos (1 taco) – 165 calories (no avocado or sauce)
- Rice & Beans (1/2 cup each) – 225 calories
- Chips & Salsa (10 chips, 1/4 cup salsa) – 100 calories
- Cheese Pizza (1 thin crust slice) – 190 calories
- Turkey Chili (1 cup) – 220 calories
- French Fries (2.5 oz) – 230 calories
- Mini Beef Slider (1 burger) – 250 calories
- 1.8oz Grilled Chicken Strips (1 piece) – 67 calories
- 1.8oz Fried Chicken Strip (1 piece) – 120 calories
- Buffalo Wings (1 wingy) – 90 calories
Here is a GREAT article from GREATIST, one of my favorite “happy is healthy” media sites. Here they’ve put together a list of 41 Guilt-Free Superbowl Snacks and they look fantastic! I may be whisking up some Broccamole this afternoon myself! And you know my Color Yourself Skinny System also has great 42 Sweet and Savory Snack options as a part of the 21-Day Diet Detox.
Healthy Football Tricks
Knowing what to eat and drink will put you in pretty good shape for your Super Bowl Sunday Funday, but here are just a few last tips that will ensure you stay at the top of your game all season long:
- Makes sure you beef up your regular Sunday exercise to make room for these extra calories. The game does not start until late in the afternoon on the west coast so we have plenty of time in the morning to get in 60 min of cardio and burn 450-600 calories! Using that hour wisely means you could enjoy 2 guilt free light beers, 2 fish tacos and chips and salsa, what deal!
- If you are watching at a friends house, bring a football to toss around in the yard during half time. Not only will this keep you from munching down 300 extra calories and chugging back a few more beers, it will get you up and moving. Always a great way to monitor your alcohol consumption. You may realize more food and drink is the last thing you need, plus, you can burn up to 150 calories!
- Chew gum. After your meal, but gum in your mouth. If you get bubble gum, it can cure a sweet tooth, it’s good for your choppers and makes it impossible to put any other solid food in your mouth!
Super Bowl Sunday Bonus Challenge!
If you’re a part of the 30 Day Challenge Series, then you are in the loop on our February Cardio Interval Challenge! As a special bonus for today only — do one extra set of intervals each time your opponent scores. Then the only question left is which team you’re rooting for and who will get the better workout?! Are you game?
Cheers to staying skinny and watching the Broncos dance all over the Seahawks this afternoon!
…yes, I am a Charger fan, making cheering for the Broncos counter-intuitive. But I was naturally born a niners fan because I grew up in Santa Cruz. So I say down with Seahawks more than anything right today. And I think Peyton Manning is just too cute! Who are you cheering for today?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email