Just a few more days and we have a fresh, clean year ahead of us! As a Health Coach, of course I get very excited about the new year because this is when most of us dial into what we really want to achieve in terms of weight loss, health, fitness, and athletics. I love helping people not only get really clear on what they want, but also providing a platform to help them do it.
This is precisely what the January 2017 Free 30-Day Fitness Challenge is designed to help everybody do! And anybody who does in fact complete this challenge, will look better, feel better, naturally have more energy, reduce disease and probably even lose some weight!
What is the January 2017 Free 30-Day Fitness Challenge
In January of 2016, I organized all my thoughts and created the Clean & Colorful Solution which is made up of 4 Universal Diet Truths that can be lived every-single-day:
- Eat more whole food.
- Eat all 5 colors.
- Drink a high quality juice/smoothie.
- Exercise 21+ minutes.
My goal was to provide a set of guidelines, that regardless of your diet preference or lifestyle, anybody could do. And everybody who did, would see improvements in their health. So…I’m taking that 4th Universal Diet Truth and using is as the core premise of this months’ free 30-day fitness challenge!
Doing the January 2017 Free 30-Day Fitness Challenge
- It’s simple: All you have to do is exercise at least 21-minutes a day.
- It’s hard: Because you have to do it EVERY-SINGLE-DAY!
Getting started on the January 2017 Free 30-Day Fitness Challenge
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now and join the private coaching group for daily reminders and accountability.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here*. If you have already signed up, then at the end of every month, you automatically receive a newsletter with all the links to the trackers. If it’s MIA, check your spam, especially if you have Gmail.
- Read the rest of this post for the details on how the challenge works, why it’s awesome and some form and safety tips.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Sunday, January 1st!
*When you sign up for free access to the official tracker, you will also get my entire Clean & Colorful Jumpstart Guide and regular tips and strategies to living a cleaner and more colorful lifestyle. *Note: If you are currently subscribed to my newsletter and you get my weekly Clean & Colorful Conversation newsletters, you DO NOT need to register again for the tracker. It will be sent in the monthly newsletter on Wednesday the 28th.
Why 21-Minutes of Exercise Every Day?
That is the question I get asked most frequently, and there are three main reasons:
- SOME exercise is better than NO exercise. Some reports show that successful weight managers exercise an hour a day, every-single-day. You may know people who do more than that and it feels intimidating and/or you know you don’t have time for that, so why bother at all? Setting a smaller, more realistic goal can help get over the hurdle of chasing perfection.
- Getting started can be the hardest part. Trust me, I know! Mustering up the courage to head out for an hour long run is not always easy. But getting up for one of 3, 7-minute brisk walks, that’s not so bad. Or a quick 21-min morning jog with the pup, we can do that! You might find that when you get out there and get moving, you feel better and you might find the time to do more.
- Exercise is a keystone habit. This means that research shows us that on the days we exercise, we make better decisions all day long. From eating better to being more productive at work, it’s just a good habit to have daily. I’d rather see more people be a little active every-single day than very active only a few days a week.
What type of exercise?
This is the fun part! That is totally up to you! But variety is the spice of life and keeping things interesting is a great way to stay motivated. Your schedule can look like anything that works for you, but here’s a general idea and probably a schedule I’ll be following:
- Monday: Strength Training: Lower Body
- Tuesday: Tabata (hard interval training)
- Wednesday: Strength Training: Upper Body
- Thursday: Sprints
- Friday: Strength Training: Core
- Saturday: Cardio (go longer if you have the time!)
- Sunday: Easy stretching/yoga
Remember, you can totally customize whatever you want and even if you wanted to just walk, jog or do easy stretching everyday, that would be fine too! It all depends on where you are today, and what you need to do to challenge yourself to work harder, so you get stronger and healthier.
In the private Facebook group, not only will I share what I’m doing each day, but all your fellow challengers will as well. This means you’re going to be inundated with inspiration and ideas for fun, effective, daily fitness!
Fine Print for the January 2017 Free 30-Day Fitness Challenge
- Every time you exercise, be sure to use proper form and alignment to maximize results and prevent injury. Be smart! Do what makes sense for your current level of fitness. You are responsible for your own health, so push yourself for improvement but not so far that you hurt yourself! Safety is key.
- Remember you do want a combination of days with exercises that will strengthen and tone your muscles and cardio vascular exercise a minimum of 21 minutes per day, 7 times per week to maximize results of this challenge, create good fitness habits and improve your health.
- At the beginning of the month you will record weight and basic measurements. At the end of the month, you will do the same thing to measure your progress. Also be sure to sent a goal and reward as you are sure to improve.
- Using your tracker, check off the days as you complete the activities and record results for each of the exercises so you can measure improvement week over week.
- And as with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
Are you stoked? This is going to be a good one! Get ready to kick off 2017 feeling fit, inspired and in control!
Subscribe to Blog via Email