Not in the mood to read and rather listen to Teresa? Play now!
We’re just coming off the June Walking Lunge Challenge (which I called Lunch, several times, ha!). Regardless of my tiny typo, the challenge was as HUGE success. And I don’t just mean by way of participation, I mean by the way of my butt looks so much better! And I can literally feel the strength in my legs and my running has improved tremendously in just one month. It’s crazy! In June, we were challenged to do 1000 total, and it was up to Challengers to decide when they did their lunges and how many at a time. I don’t really like to tax muscle groups every day, so I opted to do them every other day and alternated with push-ups. As it turns out, this is a killer combo! So welcome to the official Upper and Lower Body Blaster 30-Day Challenge!
What exactly does the the 30 Day Upper & Lower Body Blaster Challenge involve?
It’s going to sound simple, but do not confuse that for being easy. You’re simply going to alternate days with 100 walking lunges and then 100 push-ups of your choice. Friday will be a rest or catch up day, if you missed any day during the week. You don’t have to do them all at once, just get in 100 for the day. And by 100 walking lunges, it’s really only 50 per leg, you can handle that! And if it didn’t sound hard, then it wouldn’t be a very good challenge anyhow. Here’s your cheat sheet:
- Monday, Wednesday, Saturday: 100 Walking Lunges
- Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday: 100 Push-Ups
- Friday: Rest or Catch Up
Why Take the 30 Day Upper & Lower Body Blaster Challenge?
Because walking lunges and push-ups are both super high ROI exercises. These simple moves not only tone, tighten and strengthen the major muscles of you upper and lower body, they will also help with balance, flexibility, and core stability. These are also two exercises that are most commonly done incorrectly. Committing to walking lunges and push-ups this month will give you the opportunity to master two of the most efficient exercises, maximizing your results and preventing injury.
Proper form will make or break your success — watch these videos!
Because it can be easy to perform either of these exercises incorrectly, increasing your chance of injury and compromising your results, Stacy Michaels from Stacy’s Fitness was kind enough to create these video tutorials for us. In here, she gives you form and technique tips as well as modifications to make each exercise easier or harder depending on your level of fitness.
How to do a Walking Lunge: This is the same video as last month, so don’t listen to the challenge instructions, just the lunge format and variation instructions.
How to do a Standard Push-Up: Don’t mind the intro, this video is from last summer’s ultimate push-up challenge. The instruction is still on-point, so skip to 1:20 for the instruction.
Strategies to rock this challenge to build a rocking body!
- Be methodic and create a daily habit. Divvy the bad boys up throughout the day: 20 upon wake up, 20 at lunch, you get it.
- Increase your performance as you increase strength. Start with more sets and few reps per session. i.e. 10×10 at a time and increase up to 2×50 and beyond.
- Add them to the end of your existing weekly workouts to maximize overall results.
- Lunge Tip: Find a stretch somewhere in your route (i.e your front door to your car or the kitchen to the bathroom) and measure how many lunges it takes to get there. Then every day, replace those steps with lunges and see how fast they add up.
- Standard rest day is Friday, but take them as you need them. Depending on how many you do at a time, your body may need a rest day and that’s ok! You just get pick up where you left off. Something is always better than nothing!
Getting Started on the 30 Day Upper & Lower Body Blaster Challenge:
- Like the Teresa Marie Wellness on FaceBook now.
- Find the 30 Day Upper and Lower Body Blaster Challenge under Events and click “going” then invite your friends to make it more fun.
- Get access to all the trackers by joining the community here. If you have already signed up, then you know where to find them and your monthly newsletter will arrive Wednesday 6/25 as a reminder.
- Mark your personal calendar, because your challenge starts Wednesday July 1st!
- Use your tracker and the FaceBook Event to record your daily lunges.
- As with any and all 30 Day Challenges, be sure to check with your doctor before you start any new exercise regimen.
Don’t forget to sign up and get your fun tracker!
Be Smart. Be Safe. Have Fun. Get FIT!
Subscribe to Blog via Email