Simple, Quick, Delicious & Super-Duper Healthy!
It’s no secret I’m a fan of the “health food” and I’ve come a long way after living through the Lean Cuisine and Diet Coke lifestyle that got me through my 20s and kept me “skinny.” These days I expect so much more from my food. As an athlete and an independent business lady, life beats me up every day. I need my calories to work for me, not against me. If it’s not a superfood, bright in color, high in fiber or protein, low in artery clogging fat and processed white sugar — I just don’t have the budget for it these days. Of course this is the inspiration behind my Color Yourself Skinny 21-Day Diet Detox that teaches the simplicity of healthy, optimized eating.
Kale Is A Superhero!
I use Kale all the time! In soups, smoothies, salads, baked as chips and sautéed and added to pasta dishes. I was so inspired, I wrote the 5 Day Kale Challenge, and POPSUGAR decided to feature it. Awesome for me and everybody else who decided to take the challenge! Hopefully there are more Kale eaters out there now optimizing their health and building stronger bodies from the inside out!
Why You Should Consider Eating Kale:
- Strong antioxidant powers: It’s high in vitamin A, C, and K as well as flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Great source of essential minerals: It’s a good source of calcium and magnesium, and per calorie, it delivers more iron than beef.
- High in fiber: Delivering five grams of fiber, helps with digestion and makes you feel fuller on fewer calories.
- Very low in calories: It’s just 36 calories per serving with essentially zero grams of fat.
- Anti-inflammatory functions: With omega-3 fatty acids, kale can help fight against arthritis, asthma, and other autoimmune disorders.
One More Reason To Eat Kale:
Now that you’re clearly convinced Kale is going to go down more often, let me give you one more incentive; a healthy, easy, quick Kale Salad Recipe! And don’t worry, this isn’t one of those rabbit food recipes that will leave you hungry from its lack of tasty treats. The avocado, green apples, feta cheese and cashews give a flavor and texture to satisfy all the sweet, sour and salty senses. The lemon, agave and olive oil dressing is also sweet, sour and satisfying, which compliments this tasty salad in every way!
Watch The Short Video For the Yummy Recipe!
Recently I had the opportunity to film a series for eHow featuring mostly juicing and smoothie recipes — but also a few healthy dishes as well. Here is the first of the series. See just how simple this Kale Salad recipe is to make!
Recipe for Kale Salad With Lemon & Agave — powered by ehow
And One More Kale Funny For You
Subscribe to Blog via Email