I get really excited when I come across products that are high in total protein but low in animal protein. It’s not to say I’m a vegetarian exactly, but I do prefer to eat more plants and I do think the world be a better place if more of us tried to do the same. That is exactly why I’m so excited to share this Plant Powered High Protein Pasta Salad recipe that is made with Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta.
Plant Powered High Protein Pasta Salad
I love this simple salad recipe, it’s perfect for the upcoming Summer days! I was having a few girls over for our first Summer Sunny Day party and I wanted to serve something refreshing, yummy and of course, easy to toss together. I love how easy all of these ingredients are to find and I was able to pull this together in just a few minutes. Bookmark this one for your next Summer party and see below just how simple it is to make!
- 1 box Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta
- 1 cup Barilla Marinara
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 cups mini Sweet Yellow and Orange Peppers
- 1 bunch Fresh Asparagus
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package details, drain, then set aside to cool.
- Chop peppers, asparagus and fresh tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add fresh garlic.
- Add the asparagus to your pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the peppers, sauté for 1-2 minutes then the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Toss the pasta lightly with Barilla marinara, then add parmesan and the sautéed veggies. Let cool.
- Transfer to serving dish, top with fresh basil and lemon zest and serve!
Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta Details
Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta is not only yummy, it also a good source of Fiber, ALA Omega-3s and provides 17g of protein per 3.5oz portion from all natural vegetarian ingredients (egg whites, grains, lentils and chickpeas). But if you didn’t see that on the box, you wouldn’t know it from the way it tastes. It really is a win-win product if you are looking to cut down on animal products in your life and are looking for alternative sources of protein.
Learn More and Find Barilla Pasta
The best news is that Barilla Protein PLUS pasta is super easy to find, I snagged mine at Walmart. You can also save yourself some cash and snag a coupon. If you’re looking for more great recipes or inspiration, be sure to check out Barilla’s website as well or check out this Pinterest board.
Pst: One last bit of good news for the gluten free folks too. Barilla’s Gluten Free pasta has recently been named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods.”
*Thank you to Barilla for sponsoring today’s recipe!
What is your favorite Summer pasta salad recipe?
Subscribe to Blog via Email