This Sunday is Mother’s Day!
Time for my favorite salute, video and a few cocktail recipes and some fit-gift ideas to help everybody enjoy and make it through yet another fun celebration!
A tribute to all the moms out there:
To all the unselfish moms out there who traded
eyeliner for dark circles,
salon haircuts for ponytails,
long baths for quick showers,
late nights for early mornings,
designer bags for diaper bags,
and wouldn’t change a thing.
Happy Mothers’ Day!
So let’s raise a glass and Cheers with this Skinny Pink Martini!
Now I don’t celebrate Mother’s Day personally, but that does not mean I’d pass up the chance to make, enjoy and teach you how to create a delicious SkinnyTini! This is me and one of my best gal-pals, Natalie messing round in my Skinny Kitchen with Bare Mixers, fat cats and skinny cocktails.
A Mother’s Day Cocktail Recipe: GinRuby SkinnyTini
- 2 oz gin
- 2 oz pink grapefruit sparkling water/soda (zero calorie)
- 1 oz fresh cantaloupe juice
- 2 lemon wedges
Directions: You will want to chop up the cantaloupe into cubes and put in your juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, put it in the blender and then strain through a fine sieve to remove the pulp. Maybe try cheese cloth or a coffee filter? (or maybe this is the perfect time to buy a juicer?) Add fresh juice, lemon juice, gin and ice to shaker and shake for 5-10 seconds. Strain into chilled glass and top with sparkling pink grapefruit sparkling water. Garnish with lemon and serve.
- Cantaloupe juice is not particularly low calorie with 20 calories per ounce, but when paired with sparkling pink grapefruit juice, this drink recipe is still under 150 calories.
- Cantaloupe is high in A and Beta Carotene and Vitamin C — let’s keep our ladies strong and healthy!
- If you wanted to stray away from artificial sweetener, you could also use fresh grapefruit juice or use regular pink grapefruit juice in this drink recipe. There are about 50 calories in half a grapefruit and 12 calories per oz in the juice.
Last Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
If you’re struggling for a last minute gift for a fit mama in your life, check out SoCal Runner Gal’s gift guide ideas. Or you know you can always order her a copy of SkinnyTinis, because really, when is that not the perfect gift? Ha!
Meet My Cat Babies, Sam & Sophie
As you may recall, last week I did just announce the Sam and Sophie Slim Down. As a responsible and loving cat mom, it’s the best I can do to try to understand how to and help them shed these pounds. It will kick off June 1st, so be sure to follow along on FaceBook for regular updates on our 90-Day Cat Weight Loss Challenge! You can also see these fat, furry faces pretty regularly if you follow me on Instagram too.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there! How will you be celebrating this year?
Subscribe to Blog via Email