Mixing up greens and topping with a lean protein is one of my most favorite ways to make a super quick, nutritionally dense and always delicious meal. Tonight was easy. I had some snapper steaks in the freezer from Costco, I always keep olive oil, agave nectar, limes and dried cranberries on hand. So I just had to sing by the grocery for fresh greens and a mango and we were good to go! Entire meal took less than 30 minutes to pull together and was definitely a satisfying way to end the day.
While this meal is not featured in Color Yourself Skinny 21 Day Diet Detox — it sure follows all the rules! The pink snapper and dried cranberries make it a perfect match for a red dinner!
FIRST – Prepare the Red Snapper:
- 2 – 4 oz Red Snapper Steaks
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Agave Nectar
- 5 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the steaks in a ceramic baking dish.
- Add lime juice and olive oil and rotate to cover both sides.
- Top with agave nectar, chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is firm and flaky.
SECOND – Prepare the Salad:
- 3 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 1 Diced Mango
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 4 T Goat Cheese
- 2-3 T Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients except the goat cheese to a large salad bowl, toss to mix and cover with dressing.
- Plate the salad (should make 2 large servings)
- Divide goat cheese into 8 portions.
- Add 4 pieces of goat cheese to the top of each salad.
THIRD – Put it all Together
- Place the cooked red snapper on top of the goat cheese so that it warms and softens it up.
- Serve immediately and bask in your awesomeness.
- Feel free to brag on on the killer nutrition points.
Nutrition: this hearty meal is under 500 calories with 5g of fiber and 32g of protein!
Subscribe to Blog via Email