This post is sponsored by Albertsons, my one-stop-spot to shop smart, cook clean and save money!
It’s no doubt that eating clean and colorful can be a challenge. And by “clean and colorful,” I mean unprocessed and fresh produce heavy. Not only is it good for your body, when done right, it’s downright delicious! But how do you know what to get, how to cook and most importantly, find the time and money?
It’s not always easy, but that’s why I’m here. I’m going to give you some quick tips on how you can master the skills and bring clean and colorful living into your life ASAP!
Top 3 Tips to Shop Smart:
- Get it all in one place: When you have the time, local stores and farmer’s markets are great. But if you’re rushing around and juggling all of life’s demands, trust that your local grocery store is an awesome resource! Loaded with everything you need, you can get in an out with a “loot” of easy to cook meals and grab-and-go snacks that are still clean and colorful. When I know I need over a dozen ingredients, I hit my local Albertsons and I’m guaranteed a simple, one-stop-shop!2. Work in a circle: Once you hit the store, generally you shop the perimeter for your fresh produce, dairy, and protein. Then you can dance down the center aisles for your pantry staples that bring all your fresh products together. Here are a few of my favorites.3. Make a list: The best way to stay on track, save money (and excess calories) is to roll into the store with a plan – and stick to it! I used to use pen and paper to run my weekly list. Then I realized I could download the Albertsons app. It’s fan-tas-tic! It makes list making and tracking a synch and also makes sure I don’t miss any coupons or deals.
Cook Clean: Super Simple Veggie Ninja “Pasta”
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes! It’s literally five ingredients and two simple steps and you still reap the benefits of “home cooking!” This recipe is naturally gluten free, phytochemical dense, minimally processed, has zero added sugar, over 10g of fiber, less than 300 calories and is an EXCELLENT meal to prep in bulk because you can store it for months!
- 2 lbs Spaghetti Squash
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 jar Classico Tomato Basil Sauce
- 5 oz container Organics Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp McCormic Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- Cook your spaghetti squash: Poke a bunch of holes in it with a fork and place it in a preheated oven at 375 and let it cook for about 40 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool long enough until you can handle it then cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and use a fork to shred into “spaghetti.” Sprinkle with garlic salt and divide into 1 cup portions.
- While our squash is cooking, make your sauce: Add about 3 tbsp water to a sauce pan and bring to medium heat. Add the entire container of spinach and cook down until wilted. About 3-5 minutes. Add entire jar and 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning. Let simmer until your squash is cooked and shredded. Enjoy the smell of home cooking in your kitchen!
- Plate 1 cup of spaghetti squash topped with 1 cup of the sauce.
This makes about 3 servings, and is super simple to double, triple and beyond because one of my favorite things about this recipe is who well it keeps! It can sit in your fridge for literally six days and the flavor gets better all week long. If you don’t think you can eat it all this week, it can live in your freezer for months! Just be sure to pull them from the freezer to the fridge and let defrost for a day before reheating. I’m generally not a fan of reheating from completely frozen, it just does something wonky to the consistency.
Save Money: Free Groceries for a Year!
In addition to the savings found in the app, shopping at Albertsons during the Stock Up Sale means I can get many of my favorite at a great value and they are giving away groceries for a year to one lucky winner!! Entry is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Take a photo featuring two or more of the participating Stock Up Sale products from General Mills, Coca-Cola, Kraft and Nabisco.
- Share the photo on Twitter or Instagram or at here by 10/19.
- Use #StockUpSale2017and #Sweepstakes in your caption and complete entry form.
- For official rules and details, click here.
- Honey Nut Cheerios™
- Cheerios™ 8.90oz.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ 12.20oz.
- Progresso™ Traditional, Rich & Hearty, Reduced Sodium, Light Soup, Vegetable Classic, selected varieties 18-19oz
- Nature Valley™ Granola Bars 7.44oz-8.44oz
- Yoplait® Traditional Yogurt, 4-6oz, selected varieties
- Oui™ by Yoplait® Strawberry French Style Yogurt 5oz.
- Annie’s™ Natural Mac & Cheese 6oz; selected varieties
- Old El Paso™ Shells
- Totino’s™ Pizza Rolls 15ct, Totino Party Pizza 9.8-10.4oz, selected varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Hamburger Helpers, 4.7-8.7oz, selected varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Fruit Snacks, 4.5-8oz, selected varieties
- Chex Mix™ 8-8.75oz, selected varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix, 15.25 – 16.25oz., select varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Whipped Frosting, Milk Chocolate 12oz.
- Betty Crocker™ Brownie Mix, Chocolate 18.40oz.
- Pillsbury™ Apple Toaster Strudel™, 6ct., 11.70oz.
- Coca-Cola MiniCans
- Dasani Sparkling Black Cherry
- Classico Tomato Basil
- Heinz Ketchup
- OREO 14.3 oz
- Ritz 13.7 oz
There you have it! My top tips and tricks to help you shop smart, cook clean and save money! Did I get it all, what would you add?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Albertsons.
Subscribe to Blog via Email