Happy hour can present a problem for those minding their calorie intake…for several reasons. It’s partly due to the sugary mixers, part due to the straight up booze and also the chips and salsa/chicken finger snacking. But the good news is that Happy Hour does not need to be a diet disaster. Here are my top 3 tips to enjoy the party without suffering the guilt.
Top 3 Skinny Tips for Happy Hour
- Don’t go hungry. A full stomach will be your best line of defense against getting ultra boozed up and resist the tortilla chips. Stuff your purse with some good healthy snacks and eat before you go.
- Remember why you’re there. It’s to unwind with your friends, laugh and talk…enjoy their company. Not blow the bank on mindless and unnecessary calories.
- Try this skinny cocktail. You should be able to order it anywhere and it’s way more fun than a vodka soda.
Skinny Blueberry Bubbles
- 1 ½ oz Blueberry Vodka
- 3 ½ oz Club Soda
- Extra Lemon Wedges and blueberries if you’re in a fancy bar
- Sweetener (only if you think it needs it)
Flavored vodkas with club soda and some fresh fruit are excellent ways to get in variety, flavor and still keep the calories super low. We are so lucky that our vodka makers have caught onto the fact that with a little infusion, you can put a fancy twist on the tired “vodka and soda.”
Depending on the brand of vodka, this drink can range from 96-120 calories! Flavored vodkas range in calorie level based on how it is sweetened and the alcohol potency. Ask the bartender if it’s 35% or 40% alcohol and know that the 40% versions will back a mightier alcohol punch, but will have more calories as well.
Fancy Vodka Soda Variations
I happen to like this blueberry and lemon combo, but just about any fruit flavored vodka would work. Check out the bar tray too and see what fresh fruit garnishes are available. Often they are stocked with cucumbers, mint and more flavorful, low calorie goodies.
Enjoy this fresh new variation tonight and have an EXCELLENT weekend!
What’s your favorite skinny happy hour drink?
Subscribe to Blog via Email