Welcome to our first Take Action Tip! This week’s tip is huge when it comes to reaching your fitness and weight loss goals. So let’s get started….
Take Action Tip #1: Check Your Pantry
I know what a bear snacking can be to healthy lifestyle. When you don’t have the right food on hand when you’re hungry, it’s nearly impossible to be successful. What’s worse than not having the right food is having the wrong food at your fingertips.
Remember, this is not an all inclusive list, but it’s a good start. There are plenty more good options to have on hand.
First, do a snack pantry inventory. It looks like this:
- Pull out anything that is a snack item.
- Take any snacks that are whole, real, high quality foods and put them in one pile. These are generally things that don’t come with an ingredients list, and if there is one, the ingredients are real food.
- What’s left is probably considered “junk” food, which are processed foods that come with added sugar, trans-fats, preservatives and other not-so-natural ingredients.
Do you have more real food or more junk food in your pantry?
- If you have more real food: AWESOME! You’re off to a great start!
- If you have more junk food: Think about it. Why is it there? Who is it for? How does it support you in reaching your health and happiness goals?
Next, consider a plan of action to get rid of the junk! Remember, this is not about being perfect, but being better. Every small choice counts. You don’t have to ditch it all, but the more you do, the better you will feel in the long run.
Resource #1: 44 Healthy Snack Ideas
From fast and easy grab and go to simple and clean recipes, this is a tried and true collection of 44 of the best, healthy snacks. This is one of my all-time favorite blog posts, which also means it’s a free resource – yahoo! Bookmark this one, it’s a keeper!
How’d it go??
Let us know how checking out your pantry went! The more comments we get, the more momentum we create. Which means huge change! Let’s help each other get started.
Comment below with:
A: Your favorite healthy snack that’s in your pantry right now!
B: What plan you have to improve the quality of your pantry.
Have a wonderful week and I’m wishing you much success. But most importantly remember, it’s not about being perfect, it’s about being better.
Subscribe to Blog via Email