Did you know that October is National Pizza Month?? If not, then you’re in for a tasty treat. You might even need to make some pizza to celebrate!
Since it is National Pizza Month, I couldn’t turn down an opportunity to test the new California Pizza Kitchen menu at the new Fashion Valley Mall location in San Diego! Let me tell you, CPK has been one of my favorite places to eat since my first BBQ pizza in 1996!
CPK never disappoints. I’m always impressed with their menu choices – I can count on a good salad and tasty pizza every time! And let me tell you, they have some new items you must try!
We got to sample a variety of appetizers, pizzas, salads and desserts. Each came paired with the perfect beer or cocktail to bring out the delicious flavors! We felt rather spoiled during the entire evening, and deemed the event “The Best Night Ever!!”.
A few must try items!
Everything we tasted was absolutely amazing!! But I’ve decided to share my must try items with you, along with why I feel like these items need to be in your life!
- Appetizer – Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower. These were to die for! Being a veggie lover, I was so happy to see this twist on classic buffalo wings. They had such amazing flavor with just a bit of crunch from the crust. And to be honest, I didn’t even care that I wasn’t eating chicken. Two thumbs up!
- Pizza – Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage Pizza. This was a tough choice, but the Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage Pizza pulled ahead of the others by a small margin. I probably loved it because of the traditional feel of this pizza. Hearty tomato sauce, delicious and juicy sausage, and crispy pepperoni made this pizza perfect!
- Entree – Bahn Mi Power Bowl – What can I say other than this was awesome! If you’re someone who prefers a healthier entree when eating out, this bowl is for you! Packed full of veggies and grilled chicken, this bowl will leave you feeling ready to take on any adventure! The flavors mixed together so well. It really was like eating a Banh Mi without the bread!
- Dessert – Salted Caramel Pudding. Don’t be thrown off by pudding. This was the most delicious pudding I think I’ve ever had. It was the perfect combo of sweet and salty with a little surprise at the bottom! Dare I say it….I’d probably choose the Salted Caramel Pudding over cake!
The results are in
What would National Pizza Month be without interesting survey results??
A nationwide survey conducted by Harris Poll® on behalf of California Pizza Kitchen, celebrates National Pizza Month this October by revealing some interesting facts about America’s favorite food – pizza!
Now for your reading pleasure!…You’ll thank me next time you’re neck to neck in an intense trivia match, and a pizza question comes up.
- If Americans could only eat one food for the rest of their lives, the number one food they would choose is pizza (20 percent).
- People’s “Sexiest Man 2016,” Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, is America’s top choice of celebrities to share a slice of pizza with (15 percent).
- A majority of Americans (54 percent) say pizza would be their go-to meal when watching sports.
- About 7 in 10 Americans (69 percent) say pizza would be their go-to meal when getting together with friends or family on a Friday night.
- 33 percent of Millennials (ages 18-35) say pizza would be their go-to meal for date night.
- Americans typically spend $47.50, on average, per month on pizza – that’s $570 a year!
It’s your turn to enjoy some pizza
It’s giveaway time!! California Pizza Kitchen is giving away a $25 gift card to one lucky reader!
All you have to do is comment below with any person (dead or alive) you would like to share a pizza with. The winner will be announced next Wednesday (11/8/17) so stay tuned!!
Get creative and leave a comment below!!
Subscribe to Blog via Email